Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to forums
What or Where is a good source for Technicl Writing. When I was in Utah last year I saw a DANTES Study Guide for this in the library. I don't see that IC offers this in the flashcards.

Jack
I attended ENMU-R for a semester via an online course that was all that was required because I had a prior Associates Degree. By combining my Associates Degree along with my FAA Airframe and PowerPlant License, they only made me take ONE course. They would have given me the degree, but they offered only that I take one course because they just couldn't give it to me. So I took NEW MEXICO HISTORY and got an AAS in Aviation Mx Technology. I highly recommend this route. It's RA University. I saw an article by BILL O'BRIEN of the FAA around 6 years ago I'll post it here when I find it. I couldn't believe what I was reading and found it to be an outstanding deal for folks with FAA A&P's that want college degree. Well, I'll be damned. He passed away. Read on, this is informative.....

Prayers for Family of Bill O'Brien - AviationPros.com
You might also want to check out Penn Foster if you're going to TESC. You have three months to finish courses, but you can finish off your courses as quickly as you can. The only delay is getting the final exam. It's a nationally accredited (versus regionally accredited) institution, BUT, if the courses are ACE-approved, TESC will accept them.

I second taking A&I for your humanitites.

As for the Tech Writing study guide, check with your base's/post's education office. There's a web site for the military to take practice tests for FREE. I think that that site has a book of study guides for different DSSTs. (Not all of them, but some of the easier ones.) It may have one for technical writing.

Good luck!
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker