Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBA Degree Path Help
Rainbow 
Good evening!

I have lurked for a while, done a fair amount of digging/reading, and have finally decided I think I want to try this.  I'm at a point in my life where there really isn't a good time but now is as good as any.

So, I ask for all of your collective help with a degree plan.

I'm hoping that between what I've done, and what everyone here knows, I'll get a lot of good feedback, recommendations, and advice.

All of my previous credit is over 10 years old but it is all with a grade of C or higher.

My employer does not offer tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance or any other related benefits.

Information Worksheet/Credit info on Google Docs:  Information Worksheet
This should be editable so that you can add notes, etc.  I want to make this as easy as possible for you to help. Feel free to add new tabs, etc. if you like.
Included in this is kind of how I laid out the degree plan and where to go. Also, there's a tab with my previous coursework with details. 

The things I'd like to have out of all of this:

1. I know I can't have fast, cheap, and easy (usually) -- so I'll settle for fast and cheap.  I don't mind working hard and studying.  I don't have to do this at a lightning pace but I'd like it to be over sooner than later.

2. I'd like to keep all of alternative credit avenues (DSST, SL, SDC, etc.) to as few as possible (but with keeping fast/cheap at the forefront).

3. I'd like to initially consider the BBA in HR from COSC because it seemed most logical to me out of the choices available but I'm open to suggestions that would better utilize my already earned credits (if they're still usable), the little money that I do have, and my time.  My background is in management and HR but if I end up with a sociology degree, that's fine, too. At this point, having a degree in general is most important. With this being said, I would prefer to have a degree in something rather than General Studies or Liberal Arts.

4. I'd kind of like to be able to do one or two courses at a time (max), and knock them out before moving on. I am going to be working full-time during this, too.

5. I also need some direction -- when everything's all laid out -- about how to approach this.  I don't want to screw it up since it's all a little overwhelming.

6. Eventually, a degree.  Big Grin

I tried to think of everything you guys might ask me. I hope I haven't forgotten anything but if you need any information that I haven't provided, just ask!  

Thanks!
You need to post a list of credits that you already have. Do it in the following way:

School #1 (don't have to list the name, but say if it's a CC, RA, and semster or quarter based system)
course #, course name, number of credits

School #2

Please try to edit it down as much as possible. I can't spend the time to make a degree plan if the post is a hot mess and there's tons of superfluous info on it, making it hard to get through quickly. Make my life easy.

And, a Business degree is about the fastest, cheapest thing to get at either TESU, COSC or WGU (which school you choose might depend on which ends up being the fastest with the best use of your already-earned credits - or not). But whichever school you choose a BSBA is going to be a great bet.

Anyway, if you post, you'll get a plan. And plenty of advice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You got it.  Thanks. 

School 1:  4-Year, RA, Quarter Hours
MGT 101, Introduction to Business, 4
SCI 451, Environmental Science, 4
SOC 301, Social Problems, 4
ENG 102, Composition II, 4
INF 114A, Introduction to Database Applications, 2
INF 131, Internet and the WWW, 2
HUM 401A, Philosophy of Ethics, 4
INF 113, Electronic Spreadsheets, 2
MGT 212, Human Resource Management, 4
INF 112, Word Processing, 2
PSY 231, Organizational Psychology, 4
ENG 311, Creative Writing, 4
PSY 335, Human Sexuality, 4
SOC 321, Cultural Diversity, 4

School 2:  4-Year, RA, Semester Hours
ENGL 1301, Composition I, 3
PSYC 1311, Introduction to Psychology, 3

School 3:  2-Year (CC), RA, Semester Hours
IMED 1301, Introduction to Multimedia, 3
ITSC 1321, PC Operating Systems, Windows, 3
MATH 1314, College Algebra, 3
BMGT 1303, Principles of Management, 3
CREX 1309, Career Exploration, 3

School 4:  2-Year (CC), RA, Semester Hours
HIST 1302, US History II, 3
GOVT 2306, Texas Government, 3
Here's a degree plan for TESU.  I don't have a plan for the COSC BSBA, but it might be a better fit because they allow more "free electives" than TESU does for the BSBA.

For either school, you need a certain amount of UL credit.  I suggest Study.com, just because you can get ALL of your credits from them (some people like Straighterline, but they don't have UL credits, or at least not much, so you'd have to switch to something else at some point).

Attached Files
.xlsx   threecats TESU BSBA1 GenMan.xlsx (Size: 46.91 KB / Downloads: 26)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I appreciate your help, dfrecore.

Hopefully I can get someone with a COSC suggestion just to see the difference.

I think what you posted is reasonable. The cost approximation -- does TESU tend to be a little less expensive than COSC?
(02-08-2019, 02:37 PM)threecats Wrote: I appreciate your help, dfrecore.

Hopefully I can get someone with a COSC suggestion just to see the difference.

I think what you posted is reasonable.  The cost approximation -- does TESU tend to be a little less expensive than COSC?

COSC is actually cheaper by maybe $1000 - although if you don't get locked into the 2018/19 catalog that has you take the TES-100 course instead of the SOS-110 course, then it's going to be close to $2000 difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • threecats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 2 41 1 hour ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 588 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,163 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 194 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,122 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,294 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 930 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 535 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM