Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

.png   Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.13.05 AM.png (Size: 454.93 KB / Downloads: 59)

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all of the posts and started my journey in October. I started with Sophia and now Study and IC. I'm looking to get the quickest degree possible for a promotion at work and thought UMPI would be my best option. Looking to do the LS w/Minor in Management.  I'm looking to apply and start in January. I'm finishing up Spanish in IC and HR on Study.com. I was going to wait to apply until I hit the 90 credits, but getting a little worried as I also wanted to apply for financial aid. Any recommendations on some easy classes I can add and any advice on timing would be appreciated. I've attached my current list of completed classes below.
American Gov't - either ICC or Study.com
The Essentials of Managing Conflict if you still have a current subscription at Sophia

If you are taking BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management, you are good; if you're taking BUS 106: Human Resource Management, then this will just be a free elective.

You may want to take a couple more UL courses at Study.com if you have time; otherwise, I would probably do these and then stop and go ahead and take the remaining courses at UMPI.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
Great work, that's about 30 credits a month and now you've got 60 credits in two months! Amazing effort! I suggest you to complete your ICC and Study.com then apply to UMPI if you haven't already. You may also want to complete a few more courses that may transfer to UMPI from Sophia.org/Study.com to max out the 90 credit transfer. Make sure to review what courses need to be completed for the minor at UMPI and that you have 30 credits/UL requirements met for residency. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
Thank you for the responses. I took the Essential of Managing Conflict just now and am working on writing my paper for the BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management. I looked at BUS 106 after I completed my quizzes for 306, and some of them must be duplicated, as it said I already completed 20% of the quizzes for that course. Maybe I'll take that one as well as a free elective.
One thing to consider is that you need 24UL credits beyond courses taken in the minor.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

The BA Business Admin with Leadership concentration is nearly the same amount of work, considering you have that additional UL requirement with the BLS Management degree.

Study.com can use the same sections for multiple courses.  Completing a placement test in one course completes quizzes for many courses.

If you haven't already, apply for loans/Pell Grant on the government website.  I'm not sure the perfect time to apply to UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • CCCC, Pikachu, ss20ts
(12-03-2021, 12:59 AM)LevelUP Wrote: One thing to consider is that you need 24UL credits beyond courses taken in the minor.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

The BA Business Admin with Leadership concentration is nearly the same amount of work, considering you have that additional UL requirement with the BLS Management degree.

Study.com can use the same sections for multiple courses.  Completing a placement test in one course completes quizzes for many courses.

If you haven't already, apply for loans/Pell Grant on the government website.  I'm not sure the perfect time to apply to UMPI.

Okay, now I'm seriously considering the BABA w/minor in leadership after thinking about what @LevelUp said. That being said, I'm looking at the gen ed requirements and I don't see a foreign language listed as a requirement is that correct? Based on what I posted earlier, is there any other upper level classes I can take at Sophia?
You may want to take a look at this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid352305
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-07-2021, 06:31 PM)CCCC Wrote: Okay, now I'm seriously considering the BABA w/minor in leadership after thinking about what @LevelUp said. That being said, I'm looking at the gen ed requirements and I don't see a foreign language listed as a requirement is that correct? Based on what I posted earlier, is there any other upper level classes I can take at Sophia?

The GEC applies to everyone at UMPI. Here's where you'll find it. It is confusing. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on the link.

http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=4&navoid=153

You will need 3 credits of a foreign language. Easiest way to complete this unless you know a foreign language well is to take Spanish 1 from InstantCert. 

Sophia doesn't offer UL courses.

Also with the BABA you would have a concentration not a minor. Minors are for the BLS. You'd have the Management & Leadership concentration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
Hi!

I had a similar issue of being close to the 90 transfer credits and wanting to apply for January. I talked to Shea, the admissions coordinator and she told me to apply now and I could keep working on my transfer credits at Sophia up until my start date in January. I got it in writing from her. It doesn’t hurt to ask and explain your situation. Good luck! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Msmith2708's post:
  • CCCC
I'm almost there....I'm at 87 credits and looking for a quick/easy 3 credit course without any more Touchstones, as I am already waiting for a few to be graded. I told UMPI I would call them back by Friday,  and then send over all of my credits. I would still like to do the BABA. I have also completed Study.com Bus 106, but didn't take the test yet as it would have been another $70. I already took 306, and am afraid this might be considered a duplicate.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Classes(AutoRecovered)(AutoRecovered)(AutoRecovered).xlsx (Size: 10.58 KB / Downloads: 8)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWBIE - ACCOUNTING QUESTIONS bburris2906 3 537 08-25-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Newbie jnl131 10 1,105 06-29-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts