Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie- Looking for advice and help with a plan.
Hello all, I need help with a plan . I have a box of credits from various sources over the years including an AA from UOP. Many many moons ago I took some classes at a community colleges, many moons ago I took some courses at UOP and got a AA out of the deal and just a moon ago I took some classes at WGU which seem to have complicated things a bit (CU to course etc). I recently applied at Northern Arizona University via the Personalized Learning Path for a BS in Management HR Emphasis and things looked odd. The transfer in netted a total of 30 credits. ouch.. My goal is finding the most direct, cost effective, time conscious route to obtain a BS in Business Management... Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm off to explore the boards more and learn abit...

Thanks in advance
MG

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2297[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">CollegeCredits&CU.xlsx (Size: 11.86 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">College.jpg (Size: 19.47 KB / Downloads: 0)
After reading through your details, you may want to continue where you left off. WGU is a great school, if NAU Personalized Learning isn't giving you more credits than you would expect, you can continue to take your Bachelors at WGU. Essentially, I would apply to the following 3. WGU, Excelsior and TESU. See how many credits each one will provide you and go for the one who you feel is best fit for you. While you're waiting for an evaluation, you should work on your general education requirements that should go to either of those schools. Take your time and read through the Beginners Guide thread and degreeforum wiki.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I created a spreadsheet for you for the BSBA in GenMgmt or OpsMgmt at TESU. But honestly, I think you'd be better off going back and finishing your degree at WGU. First off, the fact that you have an AA means that they will accept a block transfer of your Gen Ed's, leaving fewer courses to complete. Second, you already have courses there, making it an easy transition to their plan.

Also, if you apply there, and send in your transcripts, you can come back here after you get your eval, and we can tell you a few courses you can take before enrolling, thus limiting the amount of time you'd have to spend there - you could probably finish in a single term.

Just remember that once you enroll there, you can no longer transfer any credits in, so you need to make sure that you apply, send in transcripts to get an eval, take courses, send those in, and THEN enroll (if that's what you choose to do).

There are lots of inexpensive ways to get most of the credits you need.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">thegreatspacecoaster TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 71.9 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
BJ/DF,

First thanks for taking the time to review my request and provide feedback . I really appreciate the effort. DF the spreadsheet is right on target and easily and put things into more perspective. I’m going to apply to TESC/Excel and report back on the eval once they are returned. I’m considering WGU as well.. I agree they are a great school and have had success there in the past. I tend to find the content for the courses I have to take very good but writing intensive. I believe I’m a better test taker then writer. Thanks again I will report back and get the ball rolling on the general requirements.

Thanks

thegreatspacecoaster
thegreatspacecoaster Wrote:BJ/DF,

First thanks for taking the time to review my request and provide feedback . I really appreciate the effort. DF the spreadsheet is right on target and easily and put things into more perspective. I’m going to apply to TESC/Excel and report back on the eval once they are returned. I’m considering WGU as well.. I agree they are a great school and have had success there in the past. I tend to find the content for the courses I have to take very good but writing intensive. I believe I’m a better test taker then writer. Thanks again I will report back and get the ball rolling on the general requirements.

Thanks

thegreatspacecoaster

You're welcome. And better off sticking with TESU if you start there.

Don't use my spreadsheet for EC, it definitely won't work (you'll need 30cr of UL throughout the degree, and the course equivalencies that TESU gives many of the courses as UL are not truly ACE-recommended UL credits). But they are a good option as well. And you should join POAG to get a discount at EC.

Give COSC a shot too, I think they're more popular than EC right now, and cheaper.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,180 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,571 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 618 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,165 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 831 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,025 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  UMass Global plan expansion! bjcheung77 1 742 07-16-2022, 12:36 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 1,971 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 682 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium