Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexford University - DEAC Application
Interesting, I guess after all the conversations on both this and the sister forum, they've placed their application in for a better or a proper accreditation than just the ASIC UK recognition.  They're looking more and more viable as an option for individuals, especially since they recently got a few million extra in funding...

Previous Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-3-million?
DEAC Link: https://www.deac.org/Public-Notices/Inst...dered.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans

TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco, CompTIA, MTA | Coursera & Udacity
I was suprised to see hondros on that list. We have a Hondros down the road that does Real Estate, Appraisal, Insurance and Nursing classes. I didn’t know they had a business school too. I took real estate licensing classes there in 2009
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace

Other coursework done on Sophia, Saylor Academy and ENEB.  
I wonder what the general timeframe is after initial application. I'm trying to think back to Smartly/Quantic, it seems like it was quite lengthy.
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), Georgia Tech, 2021
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Unless the transfer credit policy changes, I don't see Nexford as a viable option for learners with accumulated college credit. It may possibly become an option for Master's students. However, the DEAC accreditation would need to be granted first.

https://www.nexford.org/faqs states: "At the present time, Nexford University is not setup to accept transfer credits." The page also has the following information; "Question: I've studied before. Can I receive credit? Not yet. We built Nexford from scratch and our innovative curriculum is one you won't find anywhere else. It's based on the latest industry insights and is well and truly unique. That's why we can't accept credit transfer applications right now – stay tuned!"

Quantic School of Business and Technology (another DEAC school) has maintained this non-transfer policy, even after accreditation: "Quantic School of Business and Technology does not give credit for work completed at other institutions." But they are focusing on Master's degrees. This is a bit different from Nexford, which has a large number of undergraduate degrees.
I'm going to introduce a note of skepticism.  In the past there have been instances where a school has applied for DEAC/DETC accreditation just so they could say that they're a candidate (or whatever the proper term might be).  Simply appearing to take the accreditation process seriously can give them years of pseudo-credibility, all the while they're collecting those tuition payments.  I know, I know . . . what a terrible thing to suggest.  I guess I just have a suspicious nature.  I hope I'm wrong.  I think we're all better off if they become properly accredited.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • eLearner, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defense Acquisition University or free UL & LL ACE for federal & contractor tpowell 6 231 09-13-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Help! If I make a UK TOP UP Degree can I apply for a Russell Group University later? UKSPAINStud 8 325 09-05-2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: debrag
  Application Requirements Inquiry bjcheung77 5 235 09-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  One Day University Alpha 1 632 08-30-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: ternerdaniel
  Jumpstart University Alpha 0 176 08-27-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  University of Arizona Global alsimko 2 250 08-23-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Hawthorn University to Close on December 15, 2021 bjcheung77 0 140 08-21-2021, 02:29 AM
  Arden University - Undergrad/Grad Scholarships (selective countries only) bjcheung77 0 157 08-15-2021, 07:30 PM
  International Open University - Tuition FREE! bjcheung77 6 468 08-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 2 187 08-10-2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8