Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Step??
I'm scheduled to take my last clep (college mathematics) early next month and I will have completed my CCAF degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology. All together I have 105 credits including my A&P license which is 30 credits.

What are the options to go forward to a Bachelors’ degree in ???. I'm looking for what I can complete in the least amount of time and maximize dsst and clep testing.

What kind of options are there?
AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology CCAF

CLEP
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 67
College Composition Modular/No Essay 62
American Government 56
College Mathematics 53
Introductory Psychology 66
Introductory Sociology 58
Humanities 63
Information Systems and Computer Technology 69
College Composition 54
History of the United States I 63

DSST
Principles of Public Speaking 58
Technical Writing 55
Here's to Your Health 440
A History of the Vietnam War 69
Introduction to Computing 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 54
Ethics in America 433
Western Europe since 1945 46
Principles of Statistics 407
Art of the Western World 50
Introduction to the Modern Middle East 59
Intro to World Religions 437
Civil War and Reconstruction 56
General Anthropology 55
Human Culture and Geography 59
Substance Abuse 465
Environment and Humanity 58
Organizational Behavior 60
One very broad and flexible degree program is the Liberal Arts Degree at Excelsior. They have a partnership with the Air Force in the AU-ABC program. If you look on the Air Force Virtual Education Center in the portal, you can get a little bit more information.

The Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts falls under Category I.

"AU ABC Cat I Program
Programs designed for Airmen that have completed an associate in applied science (AAS) degree with the Community College of the Air Force. CCAF graduates are guaranteed that no more than 60 semester hours of credit will be required to complete a baccalaureate degree."
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a template, which Alissa put together, for the BS in Liberal Studies at Excelsior:

http://www.degreeforum.net/62322-post10.html

Note: If enrolling after July 1, 2010, there is a new capstone course requirement for this degree.

Also the policy for awarding credit for Subject GREs is being reviewed.

There are a few majors like history and psychology which can be completed through mostly exams.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Here is a template, which Alissa put together, for the BS in Liberal Studies at Excelsior:

http://www.degreeforum.net/62322-post10.html

Note: If enrolling after July 1, 2010, there is a new capstone course requirement for this degree.

Also the policy for awarding credit for Subject GREs is being reviewed.

There are a few majors like history and psychology which can be completed through mostly exams.

(Don't forget the capstone basically replaces 3 of the credits in the area of the major, or in A&S for a general liberal studies degree..)

Right now, (at least for Psych) unless one goes the GRE route, testing out of everything *is* still possible, but extremely extremely annoying... The degree seeker would have to use a mix of CLEP, ECE, and Ohio U tests, just for the psych part. And you might still have to take more DSSTs/Ohio U tests to fill the general requirement for UL credits. The Ohio U tests are proctored and paper based, and honestly, I've not seen anyone speak about the testing experience with them.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Has anyone done the TESC BSAST in Aviation Maintenance Technology?

I'm wondering how my credits would breakout? It does not look like I would need much to finish.....

Thomas Edison State College | BSAST in Aviation Maintenance Technology Credit Distribution
AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology CCAF

CLEP
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 67
College Composition Modular/No Essay 62
American Government 56
College Mathematics 53
Introductory Psychology 66
Introductory Sociology 58
Humanities 63
Information Systems and Computer Technology 69
College Composition 54
History of the United States I 63