Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next after WGU BSN with TESU credits banked
Hi all!

I am 2 courses away from BSN at WGU. Before enrolling, I was accumulating credits towards a TESU BALS, BANSM with a CIS concentration or BACS with a plan to finish after the BSN. But now I am having second thoughts. I have an interest in computers as you see. Should I just go Master's or should I continue to complete the degree at TESU? Maybe just the cert in CIS?  I could complete the NASM the quickest I suppose. I cant get the Masters at WGU until November when my term ends. So I was thinking Walden if I go that route. I have 78 credits. Can still go either way with any of the degrees above, with BALS granting me the most credits obviously.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
I definitely would not pay for a BALS if you're already getting a more specific degree. A BALS is not going to advance your career all that much. I presume that BSN is nursing, yes? If so, I would either go for the certificate or the CS if you believe that they would enhance your nursing career. A BALS would, in your case, just be a waste of money, IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • cwendy111, ss20ts
Thanks for your input! What are your thoughts on the NASM with the cert? I have all these homeless credits now.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
Unless you've got 16 TESU credits, an associate's would cost you about the same as a bachelor's right now. A certificate could be useful. A bachelor's in CS could be useful. But an associate's is not going to be worth the same as a bachelor's, especially when you already have a bachelor's.
(07-13-2020, 05:52 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: Hi all!

I am 2 courses away from BSN at WGU. Before enrolling, I was accumulating credits towards a TESU BALS, BANSM with a CIS concentration or BACS with a plan to finish after the BSN. But now I am having second thoughts. I have an interest in computers as you see. Should I just go Master's or should I continue to complete the degree at TESU? Maybe just the cert in CIS?  I could complete the NASM the quickest I suppose. I cant get the Masters at WGU until November when my term ends. So I was thinking Walden if I go that route. I have 78 credits. Can still go either way with any of the degrees above, with BALS granting me the most credits obviously.
finish! i told you WGU would be a good fit for you. you’re almost done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • cwendy111
You guys literally changed my life!!! I am midway through my second to last course now, but I cant go for a masters there until my term ends in NOVEMBER. SO I figured I would finish the degree at TESU in the meanwhile or should l I go Masters at Walden or maybe Capella? I would rather stick with WGU but November is so far away

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
2 classes left in nursing for a bachelor's? I would focus on that and be done. I wouldn't go for a second bachelor's. I'd move on to a master's.
If BACS means Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science:
Think forward.... Nursing and Computer Science, CS, can be mixed well down the road.
Health informatics, data analysis, research etc in the healthcare world will need some health knowledge and some CS knowledge. If you have a degree in each a lot of opportunities can be open for you if you know where to look.
Finish nursing and if you have 1) money 2) time-> finish the BACS in my opinion.
If BACS means Bachelor of Arts in Community studies or Bachelor of Arts Commercial studies or BALS:
Do the BSN and go directly to the master. They can be more difficult to apply together so focus on progressing to a master.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • cwendy111
(07-13-2020, 07:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless you've got 16 TESU credits, an associate's would cost you about the same as a bachelor's right now. A certificate could be useful. A bachelor's in CS could be useful. But an associate's is not going to be worth the same as a bachelor's, especially when you already have a bachelor's.
You misunderstand. An associates was never an option. It either Bachelors of one of the above, or disregard all my credits and shoot for a Masters. In typing this, I decided I cant disregard all those credits I took already, so I have decided that isn't an option for me anymore. 

SO we are at which Bachelors basically. I am heavily leaning toward NASM with CIS concentration and Cert vs BACS. Why? Because it is more readily obtainable and my interests are more CIS than CS

(07-14-2020, 12:40 AM)Kab Wrote: If BACS means Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science:
Think forward.... Nursing and Computer Science, CS, can be mixed well down the road.
Health informatics, data analysis, research etc in the healthcare world will need some health knowledge and some CS knowledge. If you have a degree in each a lot of opportunities can be open for you if you know where to look.
Finish nursing and if you have 1) money 2) time-> finish the BACS in my opinion.
If BACS means Bachelor of Arts in Community studies or Bachelor of Arts Commercial studies or BALS:
Do the BSN and go directly to the master. They can be more difficult to apply together so focus on progressing to a master.

BACS=Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science. Sigh, you are right. The CIS cert is def more within reach, but the CS is more valuable.

Thanks for the advice!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(07-14-2020, 05:13 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: You misunderstand. An associates was never an option. It either Bachelors of one of the above, or disregard all my credits and shoot for a Masters. In typing this, I decided I cant disregard all those credits I took already, so I have decided that isn't an option for me anymore. 

SO we are at which Bachelors basically. I am heavily leaning toward NASM with CIS concentration and Cert vs BACS. Why? Because it is more readily obtainable and my interests are more CIS than CS

In that case, I am confused. I thought you meant this, which is an associate's: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/computer-science

The only NASM I see is not at TESU and is a certificate for personal trainers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 935 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 197 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,090 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 839 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,462 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,169 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 978 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77