Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No CLEPs Until 2021!!
(06-26-2020, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can sign all the petitions you want. Doesn't mean they're going to make any changes. CLEP is not set up for an online exam. They're stuck in 1970.

They will be probably be taken over by other services that can offer same types of exams online Tongue
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole CLEP system collapses entirely, unless they move online in the next year or so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • harrypotter
I'm surprised CLEP is still around. It is 2020 and they have done nothing to join us in this millennium. Why wouldn't you have online offerings in the 2000's? Even before the pandemic it seems like an antiquated business model.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • harrypotter, rachel83az
(06-25-2020, 11:55 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 06:25 PM)natshar Wrote: So this happened....

I called one of the colleges near me. Turns out they aren't offering over any CLEPs all summer... but also no CLEPs all fall semester as well!! Meaning they won't offer any CLEPs at all for anyone until January 2021 at the earliest. And that information is coming from the head at test center. The test center is basically closed and only open for essential tests required students that attend that specific college. Hope this isn't a trend for other colleges.

But then I called a second college and got a CLEP for next week. The second school is only a 10 minute drive from the first and in the same state and county. So who knows how it all works?
Can students sign a petition for CLEP to be taken online as a proctored exam? I don't see how different it is from any proctored exam, the proctor for CLEP is not even in same room most of the times.

They started one on the CLEP Reddit a while back. 

For some reason, the idea wasn't well received there because they think cheating would be easy and that CLEPs are somehow prestigious, even though I argued that remotely proctored tests were already an option for WAY more prestigious institutions and WAY more important certification exams without increasing the risk of cheating(if implemented right). But yes, after emailing collegeboard, they replied that they have no plans to do remote proctoring.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • harrypotter
(06-26-2020, 03:33 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 11:55 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 06:25 PM)natshar Wrote: So this happened....

I called one of the colleges near me. Turns out they aren't offering over any CLEPs all summer... but also no CLEPs all fall semester as well!! Meaning they won't offer any CLEPs at all for anyone until January 2021 at the earliest. And that information is coming from the head at test center. The test center is basically closed and only open for essential tests required students that attend that specific college. Hope this isn't a trend for other colleges.

But then I called a second college and got a CLEP for next week. The second school is only a 10 minute drive from the first and in the same state and county. So who knows how it all works?
Can students sign a petition for CLEP to be taken online as a proctored exam? I don't see how different it is from any proctored exam, the proctor for CLEP is not even in same room most of the times.

They started one on the CLEP Reddit a while back. 

For some reason, the idea wasn't well received there because they think cheating would be easy and that CLEPs are somehow prestigious, even though I argued that remotely proctored tests were already an option for WAY more prestigious institutions and WAY more important certification exams without increasing the risk of cheating(if implemented right). But yes, after emailing collegeboard, they replied that they have no plans to do remote proctoring.

The crazy thing is that CollegeBoard offered AP testing from home this year...same company.  BUT, in all fairness, they made it pretty damn difficult to cheat - you had to write an essay, and had 15 minutes to read the docs they gave you, and then 30 minutes to write.  So, there was no way you would have been able to cheat at that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strayer's challenge exams: CIS375 - Human Computer Interaction (Dec. 2021) carrythenothing 8 2,009 12-15-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jch
Question CLEPS to an Associate Certificate ? kerigenjaan 6 1,322 06-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: P226mem