Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit Notice
I was going to use Ed4Credit to take Abnormal Psychology and a couple of other courses. However when you go to checkout the courses all give a notice saying:
Quote:Notice

Due to ACE changes, this course must be completed no later than December 31, 2019, to get ACE approval for credit transfer.

These courses appear to have ACE approval past that date. Does anyone know what is going on?
I don't know why.
I do know that according to the ACE website these course will no longer be reviewed, maybe they plan on not renewing them:
american government, business communication, business law, college algebra, eng comp 1+2, film appreciation, general biology + lab, general chemistry 1 + lab, geographic info systems, intro to business, literature, money and banking, nutrition, pre-calculus, princ macro, princ micro, social psychology, sociology, statistics, us history 1+2, world history 1+2, world religion
That's unfortunate. I wonder if they are closing up shop soon or something.

I only had Abnormal Psychology and Aging and Society in my cart. Both of these courses show they are ACE evaluated through 2/28/21, so it's odd that this noticed appeared for those two courses.
Ouch, that's sad. This reminds me so much of a few others that have come and gone, such as JumpCourse for example. They were pretty good, but the pricing structure was more expensive than StraighterLine/Study.com, etc. JumpCourse was offering 3 credits for roughly $149/course, Ed4credit is slightly more expensive at $195/3 credit course... I hope Sophia keeps their coupons/deals going, otherwise each of their courses are too expensive...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
bummer. The ACE game is difficult, especially with big players like Studycom in there kicking significant butt.
I did see that. I took a course from them, I thought it was good - roughly the same as SL, but without the time requirement of a month, which does NOT work for me, so I would certainly pay more for a course if I needed one and they were available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, Muldoon
If I had to look in a crystal ball, I would say the underestimated how much marketing it would take to get an ROI to offset the cost of having ACE evaluation. I'm guessing the market isn't even big, so to get a share of that niche probably takes lots and lots and lots of grinding (and $). I've never even seen 1 ad for ed4credit. (I did check, since someone from there made an account here when they were new and part of ACPE - but it shows that person's last visit as 04-18-2019, 05:42 PM)
It’s a shame. The time restraints SL puts on their courses are not the best option for everyone. I wish there were more options when it comes to credit providers.
(10-31-2019, 05:34 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote: It’s a shame. The time restraints SL puts on their courses are not the best option for everyone. I wish there were more options when it comes to credit providers.

I agree.  I wish SL and Study.com had different models to choose from, like being able to purchase per-course rather than paying for time.

It's also why I didn't choose WGU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
I know Ed4Credit doesn't get mentioned much but they still have a 20% off code for Degree Forum members that is active: 

DF19 at checkout

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Badges - Ed4Credit Toastmaster 7 1,302 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Exclamation Ed4Credit - Acclaim - Credly Problem Toastmaster 14 2,436 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Alternative ed4credit lab? Faceparade 2 781 05-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Remove Ed4Credit? Clepper43 6 1,528 02-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ed4Credit is Gone jamshid666 17 4,067 01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  Review of Ed4Credit course dfrecore 3 3,099 06-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Are Ed4Credit Courses Pass/Fail or GPA? retro 10 2,060 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses OnlineStudent011320 95 11,030 03-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  UL at ed4credit bnm 3 1,106 12-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Ed4Credit 10% off coupon code eriehiker 0 980 11-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: eriehiker