Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Straighterline Upper Level for Charter Oak?
I'd really like my son to do some classes at SL for the tuition discount, but it seems like there just aren't any upper level credits for Charter Oak there.

Am I right - all lower level? Even the ones that are coming in as credit for UL say "notes LL credit."

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/
SL is all LL from my experience with them.

I picked up all of my UL credits from SDC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes degreeguy's post:
  • Clepper43
COSC doesn't all follow ACE recommendations. Some LL courses may transfer in as UL and vice versa. You may need to verify that the transfer agreement and course equivalencies with COSC and SL are still current. Members here have shared that the SL Business Ethics and Org Behavior have transferred in to COSC as UL courses in the past. So the note may be an indication of a change, or it may just be notating that the course is typically LL even though the COSC course equivalent is UL.
SL is all LL for everyone as far as I know

Study.com is gonna be your best bet for UL credit
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(10-28-2019, 04:02 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: SL is all LL for everyone as far as I know

Study.com is gonna be your best bet for UL credit

Not all. Managerial Accounting for example is ACE recommended as UL, but COSC brings it in as LL according to their SL/COSC transfer guide. 

I agree though, SDC definitely offers far more UL courses. However, you do need to check the transfer guide there as well, because they also do not appear to follow ACE recommendations for UL/LL with SDC courses always either.

It's definitely a bit harder to figure out sometimes lol
BTW, the two StraighterLine courses that is noted as "LL credit" on the transfer guide to COSC will come in as UL. I don't think they've changed their transfer for anything except Shmoop. COSC/Excelsior and WGU transfers have remained dormant pretty much, the only one of the Big 3 making changes is TESU, most of the schools will follow the ACE or NCCRS recommendations, but again it's all up to the school to go with it or not...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
(10-28-2019, 05:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: BTW, the two StraighterLine courses that is noted as "LL credit" on the transfer guide to COSC will come in as UL.  I don't think they've changed their transfer for anything except Shmoop.  COSC/Excelsior and WGU transfers have remained dormant pretty much, the only one of the Big 3 making changes is TESU, most of the schools will follow the ACE or NCCRS recommendations, but again it's all up to the school to go with it or not...

So you mean Business Ethics coming in as PHL 485 and Organizational Behavior coming in as MGT 315? That would be great.
I know I'm new, but I've lurked here for a few months and learned a lot.  I just received info from COSC for three confirmed UL courses through Coopersmith.  They are:

PSY 302 Abnormal Psychology
PSY 303 Physiological Psychology
PSY 304 History and Systems of Psychology

The admin rep I spoke with also said that the other four courses would most likely come in as LL despite NCCRS recommendation.  Those courses are:

PSY 305 Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior
PSY 306 Family Therapy
PSY 310 Therapeutic Interviewing
PSY 320 Substance Abuse Counseling
[-] The following 2 users Like CatsDomino's post:
  • Clepper43, udi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 396 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,750 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
  One SDC course, 6 sh Upper Level in Philosophy Jonathan Whatley 31 2,068 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore