Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No credits to degree
WGU doesn't take NCCRS, so no OnlineDegree, Davar, etc. But they will take CLEP, DSST, and ACE providers (with 100% certainty).

None of the partner websites will have the up-to-date info, as they were just recently published by WGU, and they have tons of updates to do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Looking through WGU website i added study.com and straighterline transfer credits together on same pdf and end up and  87 /90 possible transfer credits.

I could not find alternate providers for remaining 3 credits for one of the 3 renaming courses: 

Critical Thinking and Logic
Ethics in Technology
Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection

Any ideas if i overlooked another provider to take one of these 3 courses and bring in all 90 possible credits?
(02-11-2020, 05:01 PM)backtoschool2020 Wrote: Looking through WGU website i added study.com and straighterline transfer credits together on same pdf and end up and  87 /90 possible transfer credits.

I could not find alternate providers for remaining 3 credits for one of the 3 renaming courses: 

Critical Thinking and Logic - Saylor
Ethics in Technology - DSST
Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection

Any ideas if i overlooked another provider to take one of these 3 courses and bring in all 90 possible credits?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you dfrecore
Hey OP, it's great you're wanting to get a degree. I assume you're a Manager already since you're wanting to move up to a Director level. I would just get started with the ACE courses that can transfer into both TESU/WGU programs. I'm not sure what your budget and time frame is you have planned to complete this degree journey, but we're here to try and get you there cheap/easy/fast.

It's a coin toss depending on how easy and fast each of these courses is for you to finish, having said that, as I mentioned above, I would just get all the courses that are transferable completed to both schools (most courses from ACE sources are transferable to both, if not all the courses), when you have about or close to the threshold of 90 credits transferable, decide on which would be cheaper/easier/faster to finish - flip the coin if it's that hard to decide from TESU to WGU.

My recommendation though is to finish the degree from TESU as it's a B&M State university vs WGU which is exclusively online even though they have several campuses in a few states... the only time I suggest just WGU is if it's a "one and done school" for you (ie, BSIT/MSIT or BSBA/MBA, etc). In fact, I usually recommend doing the Big 3 for undergrad and WGU or similar competency based degree providers for grad school, as each of these competency degrees are by terms - it all boils down to - the faster you finish, the cheaper...

You have tuition assistance/reimbursement to pay for the majority of these courses and fees, you need to decide if it is better to take 2 courses at TESU for one term (3 months) or take 1 term of 10 courses at WGU (6 months). For a little bit more cost, for the ability to finish faster, and easier to complete - I would take TESU for the BSBA and the MBA at WGU the following year, similar to what Merlin one of our moderators have done. It shows you have progressed from a State university onto another Online university - distinguishes your undergrad school from your grad school.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You're going to be treated like a 2nd class citizen until you get a degree.  Can you still make it without one?  Yes but it just makes life harder and will cost you money. 

In terms of speed, each college course shouldn't take the average person more than 20hrs to complete.  If you study 20hrs per week then that's one course per week at a minimum.

I like the idea of doing some courses before I would enroll in WGU just to get in the rhythm of studying and having a comparison to if WGU would be better than earning credits on my own.  Keeping options open.

Throwing out this idea, but you might consider getting a GED.  Lots of states have licensing requirements for jobs that require a high school diploma and it may be a bit of trouble having to verify your Philippine high school each time for certain situations.  Maybe I'm wrong on it, others can chime in.  But anyway with a GED one test and you're done with it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
> each college course shouldn't take the average person more than 20hrs to complete

precalculus, calculus, statistics, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, microbiology, physiology, introduction to computer science, computer architecture, introduction to operating systems, data structures and algorithms ...

you could do any of those in 20 hours ??
I have to agree with bluebooger on that, some courses need way way more than 20 hours. I know a lot of people study courses like calculus and statistics for a few months and still fail
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Yeah, if I'm telling someone to go to WGU, I'm saying save your "easiest" courses for WGU, and the things that might take longer for pre-enrollment. Your math, if it's been a while; English Comp if you take a while to write papers; science with lab if that's not your thing; A+ cert if you've advanced way beyond that and it's been a very long time since you've done the hardware side of things; etc. Do what you can to make your load as easy as possible, filled with the stuff you're good at already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,183 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,706 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,197 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso