Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread
(03-18-2018, 07:33 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: I've attached my TESU degree plan for a BA in Psychology. (Completed courses in Blue, TESU courses to take in yellow, courses to take outside of TESU in red.)

I had to get creative with the major coursework, but I think I've met all of the upper level requirements with this plan.

If anyone sees any errors I might have made, or alternative courses that I might have missed, please let me know. Otherwise I plan to make an appointment with a TESU advisor this week to go over this plan, and confirm that everything should transfer in as expected.

Thanks!

A few things:
1) Research Methods in Pysch is available through study.com if you want (doesn't need to be UL, you'll have enough, plus you have 5 courses there, you may as well make it an even 6)
2) Social Psych from Study.com comes in as PSY-237
3) Ethics in the Social Sciences MAY be coming to Study.com by the time you're ready to take it if you want to wait and see
4) One of your Childhood Dev/Adolescent Dev courses will fit into Section F, so then Human Sexuality will come into the AOS Electives, making room in Free Electives for whatever you want to take.
5) I'm not sure how TESU courses are only $900?  Even with the Study.com discount, they're $1,098.

Remember that the Study.com discount expires (as we know it now) on 6/30, so register for the capstone by then!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • slmartin
(03-18-2018, 10:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A few things:
1) Research Methods in Pysch is available through study.com if you want (doesn't need to be UL, you'll have enough, plus you have 5 courses there, you may as well make it an even 6)
3) Ethics in the Social Sciences MAY be coming to Study.com by the time you're ready to take it if you want to wait and see
4) One of your Childhood Dev/Adolescent Dev courses will fit into Section F, so then Human Sexuality will come into the AOS Electives, making room in Free Electives for whatever you want to take.
5) I'm not sure how TESU courses are only $900?  Even with the Study.com discount, they're $1,098.

Remember that the Study.com discount expires (as we know it now) on 6/30, so register for the capstone by then!

Thank you for always being there with your vast array of knowledge dfrecore. I truly appreciate it!

1) I re-counted, and it looks like I have 6 Study.com classes already, but it's good to know that I have the potential flexibility to swap this SDC class in and take COM-101 at SL for example.
2) Thanks for catching that! I've updated my spreadsheet to reflect it.
3) I'll hold out hope that this happens, and as such, I'll make it the very last class I take. Seeing how that will likely be at least 5-6 months from now, hopefully that will be enough time.
4) This comes from the TESU evaluation, and I think it's because I earned a 'D' in my Human Sexuality class (how embarrassing), and I don't think they'll add a class to the AOS if it's below a 'C'.
5) Oops! That was a placeholder from before I knew the actual cost. I'll update that as well.

One question - do the UExcel exams offer online exam proctoring? Or will I have to go to a testing center for that?
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(03-18-2018, 11:00 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 10:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A few things:

Thank you for always being there with your vast array of knowledge dfrecore. I truly appreciate it!

1) I re-counted, and it looks like I have 6 Study.com classes already, but it's good to know that I have the potential flexibility to swap this SDC class in and take COM-101 at SL for example.
2) Thanks for catching that! I've updated my spreadsheet to reflect it.
3) I'll hold out hope that this happens, and as such, I'll make it the very last class I take. Seeing how that will likely be at least 5-6 months from now, hopefully that will be enough time.
4) This comes from the TESU evaluation, and I think it's because I earned a 'D' in my Human Sexuality class (how embarrassing), and I don't think they'll add a class to the AOS if it's below a 'C'.
5) Oops! That was a placeholder from before I knew the actual cost. I'll update that as well.

One question - do the UExcel exams offer online exam proctoring? Or will I have to go to a testing center for that?

A "D" in Human Sexuality?!!!  That's funny!  I hope things have improved for you since then!  Tongue

Yes, you're right, a "D" grade can't go into the AOS.  I would definitely double check with TESU and make sure that you don't duplicate anything - one of those 2 Dev courses are going to go into the slot in F though.

UExcel exams are taken at a Pearson VUE testing center.  You'll pay a $50-$60 fee for it when you get there, so add that to your spreadsheet as well.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-18-2018, 11:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A "D" in Human Sexuality?!!!  That's funny!  I hope things have improved for you since then!  Tongue

Yes, you're right, a "D" grade can't go into the AOS.  I would definitely double check with TESU and make sure that you don't duplicate anything - one of those 2 Dev courses are going to go into the slot in F though.

UExcel exams are taken at a Pearson VUE testing center.  You'll pay a $50-$60 fee for it when you get there, so add that to your spreadsheet as well.

LOL....it wasn't like that...honest!  Big Grin  That was taken during my teen "I can show up to class once a month and still get a B" phase. Didn't quite work out that way.

TESU didn't actually put either of those Dev courses into F in their evaluation. It might be because (and again, this speaks to just how old some of my courses are), those Dev classes were originally labeled by my CC as "Home Economics" instead of "Psychology".

(And yes, I was the only male student in both classes. You would have thought I might have gotten a date in at least one of them, but then.....that 'D' in Human Sexuality...)  Big Grin Big Grin

I appreciate all of the extra info and clarification!
120/120 units complete

(03-18-2018, 11:44 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: (And yes, I was the only male student in both classes. You would have thought I might have gotten a date in at least one of them, but then.....that 'D' in Human Sexuality...)  Big Grin Big Grin

I appreciate all of the extra info and clarification!

Tongue LOL!!

You're welcome, and I hope everything gets slotted correctly, and you get to finish that degree quickly!!  Good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Nodaclu
Quick update:

I discovered that Study.com's MAT-97 will now transfer in as 4 units. I also discovered that the 2 unit TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals course is still "broken" - the course material gets stuck about halfway through and won't let you proceed any further.

I emailed them about it a few months back, but never received a response. As a free course offering, I'm guessing it isn't a priority for them.

As a result, I've updated my spreadsheet to increase the Math credits to from 3 to 4. Since I've lost the ability to complete the TEEX class, I've removed those 2 units, and instead added a free 1 unit Conflict Management class from Sophia, which brings me back to 120 total units again.

Also, tomorrow I plan to take two Study.com exams - FIN-102 Personal Finance, and HIS-106 The Civil War and Reconstruction, after which, I'll have 91 units completed and will FINALLY be a college senior! Woo hoo!!!  Cool Big Grin
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 2 users Like Nodaclu's post:
  • dfrecore, rachel83az
(03-21-2018, 12:18 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: I also discovered that the 2 unit TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals course is still "broken" - the course material gets stuck about halfway through and won't let you proceed any further.

I emailed them about it a few months back, but never received a response. As a free course offering, I'm guessing it isn't a priority for them.

On Cybersecurity for IT Professionals, the course was sticking for me, but it worked with a different browser. I would try that, and/or different browser settings. I think switching browsers worked for me because it allowed the pop-up in a different way. I'm guessing they probably have many students finishing the course so they figured it was not an actual problem on their end.

(03-21-2018, 12:34 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 12:18 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: I also discovered that the 2 unit TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals course is still "broken" - the course material gets stuck about halfway through and won't let you proceed any further.

On Cybersecurity for IT Professionals, the course was sticking for me, but it worked with a different browser. I would try that, and/or different browser settings. I think switching browsers worked for me because it allowed the pop-up in a different way. I'm guessing they probably have many students finishing the course so they figured it was not an actual problem on their end.

I think I tried that previously and had the same issue, but it's been a few months so I'm not sure if I actually did. I'll give it another try with a couple of other browsers, thanks!
120/120 units complete

(03-21-2018, 12:38 AM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 12:34 AM)Ideas Wrote:

I think I tried that previously and had the same issue, but it's been a few months so I'm not sure if I actually did. I'll give it another try with a couple of other browsers, thanks!

I believe TEEX recommends the use of Internet Explorer or Safari for their courses. I know I had issues using Chrome which went away when I switched to Safari, so it seems like there may be something to that.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(03-21-2018, 01:28 AM)Merlin Wrote: I believe TEEX recommends the use of Internet Explorer or Safari for their courses. I know I had issues using Chrome which went away when I switched to Safari, so it seems like there may be something to that.

For this particular one, that turned out to be the case. Chrome, Edge and Firefox all hung in the same spot, but IE pushed it through...thanks!  Smile
So it looks like I can finally continue with this one. I'm about halfway through it, so hopefully I can finish it up in the next few days.
120/120 units complete

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 286 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 642 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,791 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 575 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 288 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 872 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,241 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM