Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread
One additional note...

If I'm looking at the right website:

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300876

It appears that the TEEX 101, 201 and 301 courses have been extended through 2/28/18 at least.

If that's the case, then I have some additional breathing room. Big Grin

I'm going to add Cyber 101 and 201 to my plate in the morning. That should keep me pretty busy for the time being! Smile
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(12-12-2017, 02:33 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: One additional note...
It appears that the TEEX 101, 201 and 301 courses have been extended through 2/28/18 at least.

I'll put some pressure on and challenge you to knock it out in December. You Can Do It!!! Smile Save Jan & Feb for time to tackle other courses.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Thorne
(12-12-2017, 11:40 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:33 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: One additional note...

I'll put some pressure on and challenge you to knock it out in December. You Can Do It!!! Smile Save Jan & Feb for time to tackle other courses.

Challenge accepted!!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL
(12-11-2017, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 08:51 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:

And now I've just read a thread that states Patten requires letter grades on the College Algebra and Microeconomics prereq courses. Ugh.

Anyone have any potential advice on this? In the thread I read, the poster stated that he was able to send transcripts directly from Strighterline to Patten, which they accepted. Does anyone know if I can do the same through Study.com?

I would contact Patten directly and just ask them.  Tell them you took the CLEP exam for College Algebra, so you don't have a grade, and ask them (I only say CLEP because I think it's easier for them to understand than ACE-recommended courses).

Good luck!

Heard back from Patten. Here is their response:

"Hi Mike - Thanks for your interest in Patten. I confirmed this with our registrar this morning: as long as you has passed the CLEP exam with the minimum ACE recommended score (which will be listed on the transcript), we can accept those to satisfy the prerequisites."

I'm guessing this would also be true for Study.com, since there is a percentage score as part of completing the class, and I'm assuming that would be reported to ACE.
I don't see any Study.com scores on the ACE transcript. Pretty sure that's just pass/fail.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(12-12-2017, 04:17 PM)quigongene Wrote: I don't see any Study.com scores on the ACE transcript.  Pretty sure that's just pass/fail.

Oy! That's problematic.

The more I'm reading about Patten, the more I'm gravitating toward WGU. But WGU's MBA doesn't offer an HR concentration. I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who *does* offer an MBA with an HR concentration, that's affordable in the same vein that Patten and WGU are?
There is not a comparable pricepoint when trying to match Patten & WGU if completing either degree in 1-2 terms. However, there are some additional options available like Fort Hayes State University, Fitchburg State University - not an MBA but Amberton University has an MS Human Resource Management at a great value + they are pretty flexible in transfer credit options.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(12-12-2017, 05:27 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: There is not a comparable pricepoint when trying to match Patten & WGU if completing either degree in 1-2 terms. However, there are some additional options available like Fort Hayes State University, Fitchburg State University - not an MBA but Amberton University has an MS Human Resource Management at a great value + they are pretty flexible in transfer credit options.

Thank you for that info!  Smile

I checked out all three, and tuition ranged from $10,500 - $12,000 - still a very good deal, but yes, not in the same price category at Patten and WGU, which is even more noticeable when you're paying out-of-pocket.

After looking at those options, I think I'm going to have to weigh just how important that HR/HRM concentration is to me vs. a bigger, better supported school/program, with a stronger reputation.

Here's what I know right now:

1. Patten's MBA program has prerequisite undergrad courses of College Algebra, and Microeconomics. These must have a letter grade.
2. WGU's MBA program only requires an undergrad degree and 3 years of work experience. No problem there.
3. Study.com does not confer a grade to ACE when a course is completed. It appears to be strictly CR/NC

Since I've effectively paid in advance to complete 36 units through Study.com, and my choice of MBA program is still somewhat up in the air, I believe it makes sense for me to push out the Econ and Algebra classes until I'm further down the line and my path forward is clearer. Otherwise I'm tackling two difficult (for me) classes, for possibly no real gain.

I'm also having some frustrations with TESU. It appears that they're using some sort of automated system for assigning credits. I had a GE class move to the AOS seemingly on its own when I changed majors, and just this morning, after that course was put back into GE, the transcript showed two *different* classes that were moved out of GE and into the AOS.

So I'm playing transcript "whack-a-mole" with TESU at the moment. Hopefully we can get it all sorted out, but it's making it difficult to know what classes I should take from Study.com right now.
(12-12-2017, 04:57 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 04:17 PM)quigongene Wrote: I don't see any Study.com scores on the ACE transcript.  Pretty sure that's just pass/fail.

Oy! That's problematic.

The more I'm reading about Patten, the more I'm gravitating toward WGU. But WGU's MBA doesn't offer an HR concentration. I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who *does* offer an MBA with an HR concentration, that's affordable in the same vein that Patten and WGU are?

CLEP is Pass/Fail as well.  So I'm going to guess that they have the same requirements for other ACE recommended courses/exams.  I wouldn't worry about this too much, I think you're going to be fine.  They accept ACE, they accept CLEP, they accept SL, so they're probably going to accept any ACE.

But if you want to ask, go ahead and do so.  Ask if they accept ACE, and if so, if you pass microecon and stats and transfer it on the ACE transcript, if that will work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
And now I have a new problem...

I need two more UL courses to have 18 and be eligible to graduate. Both need to be Liberal Studies courses.

But with TESU downgrading most of Study.com's LS UL courses on 1/1/18, I'm unsure whether or not I can complete two courses in time to beat the deadline.

Also, I'm not sure what the 12/31/17 deadline entails exactly. Do the courses have to be completed by then? Do they have to be recorded by ACE by then? Do they have to be to TESU by then? Do they have to have processed it by then?

Ugh....I think my head is going to explode over all of this...

Have I mentioned that I'm a chronic over-thinker? LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia