Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Matriculated Fee
Can someone clarify if the $20 course fee is $20 per credit or course?  
An additional $20 non-matriculation fee is charged to non-enrolled students taking Excelsior College courses.” “ If you register for a course prior to enrolling into a degree program, you will be charged a $20 per course fee for being non-matriculated.”
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
It says you be charged $20 per course. What's the question?

Why take classes at EC if you're not enrolling? Their tuition is $$$$.
(08-19-2020, 12:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It says you be charged $20 per course. What's the question?

I understand it says that. I want to make sure that there isn’t any hidden meaning.  My unofficial evaluation had me needing 22 credits. I’m trying to complete 3 more credits and transfer everything to get it down to less than 15 credits while completing the cornerstone and information literacy. This way I can complete my degree in Dec with the Capstone. The tuition is not a problem for me. I would only pay the non-matriculates fees.
(08-19-2020, 04:55 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 12:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It says you be charged $20 per course. What's the question?

I understand it says that. I want to make sure that there isn’t any hidden meaning.  My unofficial evaluation had me needing 22 credits. I’m trying to complete 3 more credits and transfer everything to get it down to less than 15 credits while completing the cornerstone and information literacy. This way I can complete my degree in Dec with the Capstone. The tuition is not a problem for me. I would only pay the non-matriculates fees.

Why you don't take that credits by using providers??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(08-20-2020, 04:43 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 04:55 PM)mrskitty Wrote:

Why you don't take that credits by using providers??
I am. I’m looking at Uxcel and Coopersmith for my 3 UL arts and sciences.
I would not take a course there until you're matriculated - there's no real point in doing so. You can enroll as a degree-seeking student in the EC Course option, and then decide if you want to do 7cr (cornerstone, capstone, info lit) for $5300, or take 13cr there (same 3 courses plus 2 additional courses) for $5850.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anyone know if this fee applies to EC alums?