Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norwegian
I swear I saw a course in Norwegian from one of the commonly used Independent Study/Extension Universities, but now I can't find it any more, and I did not write it down in my notes. Anyone can help me out? It wasn't Athabasca, LSU or UIdaho. In the meantime, I will keep on searching...(I am looking for an unusual/interesting language for our homeschoolers. I think our daughter will do Latin from LSU, but my son has mentioned Norwegian and Dutch because he thinks that they are easy...)
Was it UND?
Yes!!! You're the best. Thanks. (Btw, I tried to send you a friendly pm just to say hi, but I couldn't since you apparently don't accept them. Oh well. Suffice to say, greetings from nearby and I really enjoy and appreciate your thoughtful and informative posts).
I stumbled across that gem while looking for Old Norse resources - my youngest girl is fascinated by all things Viking. A professor from Brown pointed us to the Viking Language series by Dr. Jesse Byock, so for now she's appeased. But we may move to a related "living language" after a year or two, and Norwegian is one of the possibilities. (Though she's leaning toward Icelandic.)
She'd probably be really interested in some of the stuff one of my ex bf's researches and studies. He's done numerous masters and a PhD focusing on archaeology, and speaks Norwegian, Icelandic, Danish, Swedish, and French. I believe most of his research has covered Celtic, Norwegian, and Icelandic archaeology. He's currently in the process of getting citizenship to Iceland and flies over regularly to do research, but his family is from Norway so he goes there too. If you'd like, I could put you in touch, he could probably direct you to lots of things your daughter would be interested in. He's also interested in dead languages.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics