Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice to Deployed CLEP/DSST Test Takers
Went to take my exam today and found out at the last moment that the test is the old paper-based exam. Now I have to wait 4-6 weeks for the results.

Puts me in a bit of a spot due to timing...hopefully it passes without incident.

-J
Where did you test at?

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

At Bragg all they offer is the paper tests. While in Afghanistan I was able to take tests (clep) in Kandahar and they were paper also. Yeah 4-6 weeks sucks. I pay the 25 bucks so I know right away.

Nate
Have you checked to see if Pope AFB has an ED center that gives the tests computer based?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
clep101 Wrote:Have you checked to see if Pope AFB has an ED center that gives the tests computer based?

Yeah, with Brac and whatnot they are now "serviced" by the bragg testing office.
I'm in Kandahar right now and would like to take some tests. The education office has no ESO right now and can't conduct testing. They are waiting on one to arrive. The ESO was supposed to be here a month ago, then a week ago, and now "after the 20th."

Sucks but what can ya do.

blu2blu Wrote:I'm in Kandahar right now and would like to take some tests. The education office has no ESO right now and can't conduct testing. They are waiting on one to arrive. The ESO was supposed to be here a month ago, then a week ago, and now "after the 20th."

Sucks but what can ya do.

What exams are you studying for?
“Fear is necessary. Without it, I'd be scared to death.”

Floyd Patterson

"I'm so far ahead I gotta save the last dance"
I think I'm going to knock out A&I Lit first then probably Social Sciences & History. That makes twelve more easy credits. The education office here is now saying the ESO will not be here until AFTER JULY 17TH. I'll almost be gone by then but there should still be enough time to knock out a couple of tests.

Ugh! It's rant time!

It is now after July 17th and still no ESO at the Army ED center. Why even have the damn thing there if there isn't going to be an ESO? They are now saying that they will resume CLEP/DSST/ECE testing "in about a month." What the hell does that mean? In the Navy "about a month" means at least two or three months. God knows what it means in the Army!

Oh well I will be getting my boots on the ground stateside in a few weeks and can take some tests there. I just really wanted to knock out a few while I was here.

blu2blu Wrote:Ugh! It's rant time!

It is now after July 17th and still no ESO at the Army ED center. Why even have the damn thing there if there isn't going to be an ESO? They are now saying that they will resume CLEP/DSST/ECE testing "in about a month." What the hell does that mean? In the Navy "about a month" means at least two or three months. God knows what it means in the Army!

Oh well I will be getting my boots on the ground stateside in a few weeks and can take some tests there. I just really wanted to knock out a few while I was here.

That really sucks man...I am in Fallujah and no testing there. I do route clearance everyday but still could make time to study. I guess i have wait till EML. Good luck to you.
“Fear is necessary. Without it, I'd be scared to death.”

Floyd Patterson

"I'm so far ahead I gotta save the last dance"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,891 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Temporary GRE General Test Option ROYISAGIRL 3 1,349 04-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,341 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Principle of Marketing CLEP Lyle912 1 1,975 04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CLEP/DSST Exams jchef15 1 3,303 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Study resources for clep preppyboy 4 2,794 04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Free DSST Retake jmeitrem 6 3,099 03-22-2017, 05:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  PETERSON'S DSST PRACTICE TESTS OFFER (Military) UNTIL MARCH 31, 2016 fsmaine0020 0 2,315 03-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Last Post: fsmaine0020
  Comex systems CLEP NYCMIA777 1 1,505 06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  CLEP/DSST credits for advanced enlistment? Arm4L1t3 10 3,141 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Arm4L1t3