Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nursing Preresquites Question
I had a question , I'm so sorry if this seems stupid , is it bad that I made Bs in English and Human Development but A's in everything else so far , (ex : sociology , psych , etc) , I'm doing good in anatomy so far but I had a talk with my counselor and she said in order to get accepted into nursing school you have to get at least an "A" in English , then another counselor walking by said that it wouldn't matter , the sciences and maths are what matter the most … besides a shouting war I left confused. What do you think 

I made I believe around an 88/89 in Human Development  and a 85 in Composition are these "good"?
It all depends on the school. Each school is different some nursing schools are harder to get in than others. There is no one way to say for sure. But I will say for most part what matters is your grades in pre-nursing and science classes if you get a "B" in English but you have all A's in your sciences your chances are probably good for getting in, but again it all depends on the school.
That depends. Other parts of your application will matter a lot.

There’s a free forum called allnurses for pre-nursing & nursing students, you should join. They would better understand your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
(09-07-2019, 12:16 PM)harrypotter Wrote: There’s a free forum called allnurses for pre-nursing & nursing students, you should join. They would better understand your concerns.

Allnurses is a little brutal, and I suspect won't be kind to 2L8

Still, do your best. Try to earn A's in everything, but if you don't - then you don't. Keep working hard and know that the more important scores are sciences. Those, in my opinion, should be retaken if you don't earn A's and that is simply because nursing admissions remains competitive.
Yes, there are other things, and each school is a little different- but if you have to take the TEAS, you'll want to really score well on that. If you're getting your CNA and working, make sure you do a great job at work and collect positive reviews of your work from your supervisors.

When I considered this path for myself, I did not apply to only 1 school, I applied to many - this increases your odds a lot. I found that each college "ranked" the applicants a little differently, and in some programs, I was up against a huge applicant pool and others not so much. So, do your best, and apply to more than 1 school. You'll get there, you knew it was going to be hard- just keep at it!
(09-08-2019, 08:29 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 12:16 PM)harrypotter Wrote: There’s a free forum called allnurses for pre-nursing & nursing students, you should join. They would better understand your concerns.

Allnurses is a little brutal, and I suspect won't be kind to 2L8

Still, do your best.  Try to earn A's in everything, but if you don't - then you don't.  Keep working hard and know that the more important scores are sciences.  Those, in my opinion, should be retaken if you don't earn A's and that is simply because nursing admissions remains competitive.  
Yes, there are other things, and each school is a little different- but if you have to take the TEAS, you'll want to really score well on that. If you're getting your CNA and working, make sure you do a great job at work and collect positive reviews of your work from your supervisors.  

When I considered this path for myself, I did not apply to only 1 school, I applied to many - this increases your odds a lot.  I found that each college "ranked" the applicants a little differently, and in some programs, I was up against a huge applicant pool and others not so much.  So, do your best, and apply to more than 1 school.  You'll get there, you knew it was going to be hard- just keep at it!

how brutal we are talking lol ,

A&P is my main priority right now , the second part in the spring and the microbiology  in the fall , then I sign up for my NLN exams next month
I've never had a problem with all nurses

but I haven't posted in about 5 years

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,027 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,222 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beal University Nursing bjcheung77 0 406 04-19-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where is best place to get required immunization for nursing degree martingale2023 16 1,391 03-18-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Silvious
  Fake nursing diploma Imbanewbie 10 1,137 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 593 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 526 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 714 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,139 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 921 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name