Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerstone and Capstone Together?
I am just missing political science, cornerstone, and capstone to graduate.  I have permission, but can't decide if I should do them together.  I have to be registered for both by August 1st IF I want to graduate for December.  Should I do them together?  Is it a lot of work? As most of my work is transfer credits, I want to do extremely well on both of them. 

I have a mental block with the idea of the cornerstone and what will be required.  I can't even think of an idea.
(07-25-2020, 05:42 PM)Tlm Wrote: I am just missing political science, cornerstone, and capstone to graduate.  I have permission, but can't decide if I should do them together.  I have to be registered for both by August 1st IF I want to graduate for December.  Should I do them together?  Is it a lot of work? As most of my work is transfer credits, I want to do extremely well on both of them. 

I have a mental block with the idea of the cornerstone and what will be required.  I can't even think of an idea.

If you are handy with APA citations and academic databases the cornerstone is not a tremendous amount of work.  3-4 very short 2-3 page papers and one 4-5 page paper.  The skills assessment required at the beginning will take some time.  So expect a tremendous time commitment the first couple of weeks but then it will die down.

Only you know your individual situation.  Are you working 40-50 hours per week and balancing a family?  It might be difficult.  Unemployed or working a part time job?  Completely doable.

I personally delayed my graduation until March to isolate the capstone and reduce my workload.  Must you graduate by December?
(07-25-2020, 05:42 PM)Tlm Wrote: I am just missing political science, cornerstone, and capstone to graduate.  I have permission, but can't decide if I should do them together.  I have to be registered for both by August 1st IF I want to graduate for December.  Should I do them together?  Is it a lot of work? As most of my work is transfer credits, I want to do extremely well on both of them. 

The cornerstone is not the issue, it is the capstone. While they can be done together, it isn't recommended.

The capstone requires a ton of reading & writing and fair amount of research. It also requires a fair amount of weekly busy work in the form of forum posts, etc. It is always advisable to try to isolate the capstone on its own, but if that is not feasible for one reason or another they can be done together. You just need to ensure you have the free time and dedication to manage the extra load.

Pro Tip: If you try to do both at once, order the textbook early and work through as much of the reading and note-taking as you can prior to the first day of class to try and give yourself a bit of a head start.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • SteveFoerster
Decided... I will do them separately. I am a strong writer, but I take my work seriously and don't want to be overwhelmed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,039 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Two Capstones and Cornerstone in one term? TESU BUS-421, LIB-495, & SOS-110. CanICode 11 1,431 07-24-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 661 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 872 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,970 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar