Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakton CC
Big Grin 
Today I receive this email with this offer Im already enrolled at the this college I took the 7 free college credits for web developing, this is a good offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have your back with 3 free credits to help reach your goals faster. Oakton supports your commitment to move your education forward during these challenging times.

Register for 9 credit hours or more and Oakton will provide 3 credit hours for free (at the in-district tuition rate). Use this to cover your current enrollment or add classes in your journey toward completing your credentials. This offer is good until 11:59 p.m. on September 7. Some restrictions apply. 
Do it today! Fall classes start August 23. 
We also want to make sure you are aware of additional financial resources that could assist in paying your balance.  As an Oakton student, you may be eligible for an Oakton CARES grant. We encourage you to apply at https://oakton.academicworks.com/opportunities/2373. CARES funding award amounts range from $500 to $2,500 per application. For more information about the Oakton CARES program, visit our website. 

If you have further questions about CARES funding, please contact financialaid@oakton.edu.   
For more information about registration, please contact Enrollment Services at 847.635.1700 or enrollmentcenter@oakton.edu.

We look forward to seeing you in classes!

Michele Brown
Director Admissions & Enrollment
Oakton Community College

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • rachel83az
Online classes have a tuition rate of $136.25 per credit hour. That'd be 953.75 for 7 credits. Plus at least a $50 fee per class and a $3/credit activity fee.

If you chose one 4-credit class and two 3 credit classes, the total would be (I think) around $1125 after including fees. That's not bad if they have something you really need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-10-2021, 01:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Online classes have a tuition rate of $136.25 per credit hour. That'd be 953.75 for 7 credits. Plus at least a $50 fee per class and a $3/credit activity fee.

If you chose one 4-credit class and two 3 credit classes, the total would be (I think) around $1125 after including fees. That's not bad if they have something you really need.

$112/cr for CC courses isn't great - it's not terrible, but it's definitely not something to write home about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So all their online courses are flat fees even for out-of-state and international students? I'm thinking about doing their CPA certificate, it's a pretty good deal if I can transfer in half the classes for it.