Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC
Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

I was able to go from nothing but a high school diploma in April to graduating with a BSBA in less than 8 months and under $5k!

A person is merely the sum total of every man and woman they've ever met. I had been teasing the idea of pursing an alternative degree pathway ever since I stumbled on Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks website almost two decades ago. My degree plan was made possible by mining this forum for information over and over and over again. So thanks to everybody who contributed bits and pieces of knowledge to this and similar forums, and blazing a trail for people like me to follow. This absolutely wouldn't have been possible without all the information presented here. I never thought I would ever get my degree, due to time, money, and age....but you guys with your degree-hacking skills made it a reality! You're awesome.

It's surreal. I still can't quite believe it. There's a lot of new year, new me tropes running around this time of year, but it truly does feel like a new horizon of possibilities has opened up. Thanks again for everything. If anyone ever wants info on my degree plan/pathway, I'm happy to offer my own insight and experience.
Congratulations!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[Image: baby-fist-pump-congratulations-meme.png]
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, suzycupcake
Congratulations!
CC: 42 credits
Sophia: 6 Credits
Study: 6 credits
SL: 18 credits
The Institutes: 2 credits
Congrats! That's amazing!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Congrats!!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(01-02-2019, 02:30 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

I was able to go from nothing but a high school diploma in April to graduating with a BSBA in less than 8 months and under $5k!

A person is merely the sum total of every man and woman they've ever met. I had been teasing the idea of pursing an alternative degree pathway ever since I stumbled on Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks website almost two decades ago. My degree plan was made possible by mining this forum for information over and over and over again. So thanks to everybody who contributed bits and pieces of knowledge to this and similar forums, and blazing a trail for people like me to follow. This absolutely wouldn't have been possible without all the information presented here. I never thought I would ever get my degree, due to time, money, and age....but you guys with your degree-hacking skills made it a reality! You're awesome.

It's surreal. I still can't quite believe it. There's a lot of new year, new me tropes running around this time of year, but it truly does feel like a new horizon of possibilities has opened up. Thanks again for everything. If anyone ever wants info on my degree plan/pathway, I'm happy to offer my own insight and experience.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for not only achieving your degree but doing it an alternative route that takes MAJOR discipline and commitment!  I would love to hear more on your degree plan, pathway and experience.  Would you mind sharing your insight on where to begin for someone who is starting in the exact same position as you did in April?  I can't believe you did that so quickly by the way.... that's insane!
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
(01-02-2019, 02:30 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

Congratulations on finishing this very big accomplishment and good luck as you brave the new possibilities ahead!!!
Congrats! Very happy for you!
(01-02-2019, 07:08 PM)Idreamofadegree Wrote: A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for not only achieving your degree but doing it an alternative route that takes MAJOR discipline and commitment!  I would love to hear more on your degree plan, pathway and experience.  Would you mind sharing your insight on where to begin for someone who is starting in the exact same position as you did in April?  I can't believe you did that so quickly by the way.... that's insane!

FYI elbebopkid posted the details of the COCS degree earned and how here:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

& Congratulations to you elbebopkid! Great job Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ReyMysterioso

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,683 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,165 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso