Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd numbers of credits
Ok, I really couldn't think of a good way to title this thread....sorry if it doesn't make sense...Anyway, here's what I am getting at:

I took some classes back in the day that were 4 and 5 credits. For example, I took Spanish I which was only 3 credits but then I took Spanish II which was 5 credits...add in my art class of 3 credits and I have 11 Humanities credits. Also, I took Biology with lab and Chemistry with lab for 4 credits a piece. There's another 8 credits that, when you add a 3 credit math class gives you 11 credits again. When looking over Excelsior's Gen Ed requirements for the History degree it says you need to meet a Humanities requirement, a Social Sciences/History requirement, and a Natural Sciences/Math requirement which are 9 credits for one, and 12 credits for each of the others (however you want to do it). That's where my problem lies...I have 11 credits for 2 of those groups. I want to be as efficient as possible in getting my degree so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions (are there any 1 credit courses out there??) as to what I should do. I will probably just have to take another 3 credit elective exam for each area but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Does any of this make sense? Hopefully it does...
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hi, I'm Robert
58.33 Traditional classroom credits
6 CLEP credits so far...Scores:
Info Sys & Comp. Applications-63
Intro to Sociology-70
Going for either BA in History or BS in General Business (or both) from Excelsior[/COLOR]
rjc311 Wrote:Ok, I really couldn't think of a good way to title this thread....sorry if it doesn't make sense...Anyway, here's what I am getting at:

I took some classes back in the day that were 4 and 5 credits. For example, I took Spanish I which was only 3 credits but then I took Spanish II which was 5 credits...add in my art class of 3 credits and I have 11 Humanities credits. Also, I took Biology with lab and Chemistry with lab for 4 credits a piece. There's another 8 credits that, when you add a 3 credit math class gives you 11 credits again. When looking over Excelsior's Gen Ed requirements for the History degree it says you need to meet a Humanities requirement, a Social Sciences/History requirement, and a Natural Sciences/Math requirement which are 9 credits for one, and 12 credits for each of the others (however you want to do it). That's where my problem lies...I have 11 credits for 2 of those groups. I want to be as efficient as possible in getting my degree so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions (are there any 1 credit courses out there??) as to what I should do. I will probably just have to take another 3 credit elective exam for each area but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Does any of this make sense? Hopefully it does...

[SIZE="2"]I get what you're saying but more importantly does your advisor get it????[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I'm not enrolled yet...so no advisor. My plan is to take some other exams for subjects that I will need no matter what (other core stuff) and go from there. I was just hoping someone on here might have had a similar situation...
Intro to Sociology-70
Going for either BA in History or BS in General Business (or both) from Excelsior[/COLOR]
Have you already taken into account Excelsior's mandatory 1-credit course?
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Oh yeah--also those FEMA courses people were mentioning were 1 credit each
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I forgot about Excelsior's 1 credit course so maybe that will help me out Smile . I looked into the FEMA courses but I think I would prefer to just spend the extra 10 bucks to take another CLEP for 3 credits than pay to have the FEMA course transcribed or whatever you have to do to have Excelsior accept it....

By the way...does anyone know why Excelsior changed their name from Regents? Just curious...
Intro to Sociology-70
rjc311,
I wouldn't worry much about the odd number of credits you have. The credits may just balance out and you'll just have one or two extra hours at most. For example, the 1 credit you're missing in humanities will just roll into your Remaining Arts and Sciences Credit area.

I'm only speculating here, though, because I don't have the Liberal Arts/History catalog, which details Arts & Sciences requirements. The History guidelines available on the Publications page only shows the specific History requirements.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,482 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,922 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 675 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 507 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 395 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,840 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,757 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,847 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,753 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77