Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official University Certificate for $200 (best quality deal)
(09-24-2020, 11:29 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 11:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wow! the certificate looks very legitimate.

It looks great, but what is demonstrated by that certificate?  Forgive my ignorance, but is there any sort of potential employment benefit?  Does it typically help to satisfy some other educational requirement?  Is this something folks just do to expand their knowledge of a particular subject, or is this perhaps something that employers like to see from someone with a Business degree?

(09-27-2020, 12:26 AM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 11:43 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I’m into module 2.  This is a great course thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

When you get the Certificate in official degree cover and letter package in the mail after you are done you will be glad you did. Big Grin   If or when Wes emails you tell him a recent graduate spoke highly of this opportunity. Wink

He has emailed me, and has requested a phone call.  I will reach out to him next week to set that up.  In my email I did mention that a former student introduced me to this course but I'll bring it up on our next call also.  How much of Atlas Shrugged do we read in the course?  Loved Ayn Rand's book on Capitalism!!

I've also recommended this course to a friend of mine who is now homeschooling her children.

Are you able to pull out the certificate and put it into a diploma frame?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(09-27-2020, 03:36 PM)videogamesrock Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 11:29 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 11:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wow! the certificate looks very legitimate.

It looks great, but what is demonstrated by that certificate?  Forgive my ignorance, but is there any sort of potential employment benefit?  Does it typically help to satisfy some other educational requirement?  Is this something folks just do to expand their knowledge of a particular subject, or is this perhaps something that employers like to see from someone with a Business degree?

(09-27-2020, 12:26 AM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 11:43 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I’m into module 2.  This is a great course thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

When you get the Certificate in official degree cover and letter package in the mail after you are done you will be glad you did. Big Grin   If or when Wes emails you tell him a recent graduate spoke highly of this opportunity. Wink

He has emailed me, and has requested a phone call.  I will reach out to him next week to set that up.  In my email I did mention that a former student introduced me to this course but I'll bring it up on our next call also.  How much of Atlas Shrugged do we read in the course?  Loved Ayn Rand's book on Capitalism!!

I've also recommended this course to a friend of mine who is now homeschooling her children.

Are you able to pull out the certificate and put it into a diploma frame?

The whole book.  One chapter at a time.  I waited to 1/3 of the way thru to draw on paper the characters and how they are connected.  Start doing it in the first chapter.  I wished I had.  Fiction is not my thing.  Most quiz questions are on these folks.   Cliff notes and the teacher's guide helped me understand the chapter, but they will not give you enough to pass the quizzes.

Yes, you can pull out the certificate.  I scanned mine and put it back in the cover.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • videogamesrock
(09-24-2020, 02:39 AM)Kab Wrote: Does this certificate grant any Credit or is possible somehow to get credit/s out of it?

The looks are amazing for the price.

I’m curious about this too, and what I can use this for.
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(09-29-2020, 08:17 AM)mrskitty Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 02:39 AM)Kab Wrote: Does this certificate grant any Credit or is possible somehow to get credit/s out of it?

The looks are amazing for the price.

I’m curious about this too, and what I can use this for.

It’s not a for credit credential. You can use it to make better informed decisions in the voting booth where many vote for things that hurt them but sound good at the moment. You can use it to educate your children on the disastrous policies of government.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
This sounds pretty expensive for a certificate that means nothing to either employers or universities. You can learn that stuff on your own without paying $200 for a fancy certificate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(09-29-2020, 03:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This sounds pretty expensive for a certificate that means nothing to either employers or universities. You can learn that stuff on your own without paying $200 for a fancy certificate.

It may have no value to you so parting with your money which you value more than the certificate probably won’t happen. But I gladly traded my private property in exchange for this amazing experience which I am valuing more than my money.

I also have no interest in transferring any more credits into my local community college so transferability isn’t something of interest at this point. The information is something I will incorporate in to my capstone project next year—so there is that benefit.

Mises just released their MA in Austrian Economics, this should also help prepare me for that if I so choose to enroll.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
(09-29-2020, 03:40 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Mises just released their MA in Austrian Economics, this should also help prepare me for that if I so choose to enroll.  

That's great. I am considering the MA in Austrian Economics as well.

(09-29-2020, 03:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This sounds pretty expensive for a certificate that means nothing to either employers or universities. You can learn that stuff on your own without paying $200 for a fancy certificate.

Yes, I don't think this is something you do in hopes of getting a job.

I won't likely get this certificate, but if I DID I would display it in my office. And I would probably list the certificate in the credentials section of business partnership proposals I put together.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I'm taking this certificate course now, and I'm super excited about it!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 3 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning, nomaduser
(12-02-2020, 09:24 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: I'm taking this certificate course now, and I'm super excited about it!

The other forum has many current tips on this certificate with pics.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I have seen them. I've been following this thread since you opened it and saving my money to afford the fee. Smile
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 2 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,596 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,822 03-28-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 348 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,762 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,803 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 769 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,323 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,784 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 416 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 576 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar