Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially giving up on Sophia credits transferring
I have gone online and did their Chat FIVE times, with no luck.  I've been told:

12/1 - "in a couple of weeks"
12/9 - "end of the week"
12/14 - "end of the week"
12/18 - "end of the day, we have a batch going on soon"
12/21 - "I told them you've asked 5 times, should get it soon"

Whatever, I give up. LUCKILY I have my degree, if I didn't, I would be PISSED about their terrible customer service.  I feel sorry for anyone who is desperately trying to get their credit so that they can be grandfathered into TESU's plan.

Hopefully I will have it through ACE instead, I did the survey today so we'll see what happens.  Fingers crossed this comes through with my other credits I couldn't get moved over.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Still haven’t seen email from ace yet. However I’m down to waiting on one Sophia badge. Received one today. Hopefully “soon” like I was told.
Sorry you're going through this, but I'm extremely glad I pushed at the end of October to get Sophia done and my ACE transcript sent to TESU.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
No doubt. Me to. Tesu already has all mine from the old ace system. Just waiting on one more to be sent to the new system. Had I known tesu was going to change max allowance I would’ve spent the last month working on study.com vs brushing up on Kahn academy. But I’m thankful for what I did achieve. I hope it works out for everyone.
(12-21-2020, 08:26 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Try logging into Sophia again! I just logged in and all my past completed courses now have the "Get your badge" link below them. I completed all but one before the October 31st deadline and they all now have the link. 
(12-21-2020, 09:29 PM)Goldilocks! Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 08:26 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Try logging into Sophia again! I just logged in and all my past completed courses now have the "Get your badge" link below them. I completed all but one before the October 31st deadline and they all now have the link. 

grrrr... not here.  Still missing 3.

maybe by New Year's...  not ready to give up completely yet.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Nothing from Sophia has been moved over for me either. I've requested them, but there's nothing except for the course I completed in November.
No badges for me either
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

It has only been 22 days since the switch from ACE to Acclaim. On top of that, it's the silly season, and a time where a lot of people might be more focussed on health and pandemia than, you know, college credits.

To add to that - the more time they (Sophia) spend responding to the same request, is less time they can actually spend acting on each request.

Can I suggest we just relax for a bit? I know it must be frustrating, and I can understand the criticisms and belief that this transition could've been handled better, but unless you need those credits RIGHT THIS MINUTE, I genuinely cannot see the value in getting all het up about it.

If credits are going to transfer (and based on the communication from ACE, this remains an clearly stated goal), credits will transfer. It might not be in the timeframe you want it to, but again, unless there is a window closing for you in the next 15-20 days, is it really an emergency?

Worst case scenario, if ACE is going to abandon the credits, and Sophia is never going to transfer your badges: no amount of fretting and complaining will change that. But it will drive you crazy with rumination, and probably shorten your lifespan by stressing, which strikes me as a net loss.

Let people have some time with their families, wait for the New Year, and then follow up again. Unless you were personally sending transcripts out every 3 weeks, I can't see why now that the system's changed, we can't all just hold tight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • LongRoad
(12-22-2020, 11:27 AM)innen_oda Wrote: It has only been 22 days since the switch from ACE to Acclaim. On top of that, it's the silly season, and a time where a lot of people might be more focussed on health and pandemia than, you know, college credits.

To add to that - the more time they (Sophia) spend responding to the same request, is less time they can actually spend acting on each request.

Can I suggest we just relax for a bit? I know it must be frustrating, and I can understand the criticisms and belief that this transition could've been handled better, but unless you need those credits RIGHT THIS MINUTE, I genuinely cannot see the value in getting all het up about it.

If credits are going to transfer (and based on the communication from ACE, this remains an clearly stated goal), credits will transfer. It might not be in the timeframe you want it to, but again, unless there is a window closing for you in the next 15-20 days, is it really an emergency?

Worst case scenario, if ACE is going to abandon the credits, and Sophia is never going to transfer your badges: no amount of fretting and complaining will change that. But it will drive you crazy with rumination, and probably shorten your lifespan by stressing, which strikes me as a net loss.

Let people have some time with their families, wait for the New Year, and then follow up again. Unless you were personally sending transcripts out every 3 weeks, I can't see why now that the system's changed, we can't all just hold tight.

They are a business, and should act as such.

Also, telling me numerous times that they will do it "by the end of the week" and then not doing it is just lying.  If they aren't going to do it, just tell me that.  I hate being lied to.  That's no way for a business to act.

I know what time of the year it is.  I also know that some people NEED these credits that they PAID this business for.  Please don't tell people to simmer down.  They're just asking for what they've been promised - college credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,190 10 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,861 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 399 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 601 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,958 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet