Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially giving up on Sophia credits transferring
(02-02-2021, 05:36 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I didnt see anything about 2 versions of US History 2 badges.  Unless i missed something

You missed something.  Big Grin

Anyway, I got this response from Sophia today:

The 2017 date on the Badge reflects its ACE approval date.   That shows that is a valid course recommended for credit by ACE.  

When you order an official transcript through Acclaim, the transcript will show the ACE credit recommendation of 3 semester credits.

The Acclaim page for my badge has no mention of ACE, while the page for the other US History II badge has an ACE recommendation.
I went to order a transcript, which lets you preview the transcript before you send it. Just like the page on Acclaim, my 3 "old" badges do not show the ACE credit recommendation at all. All of the other Sophia badges do show the recommendation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • monchevy
(02-02-2021, 06:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I went to order a transcript, which lets you preview the transcript before you send it. Just like the page on Acclaim, my 3 "old" badges do not show the ACE credit recommendation at all. All of the other Sophia badges do show the recommendation.

I knew their answer was crap.
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • dbinghamjr, rachel83az
(02-02-2021, 06:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I went to order a transcript, which lets you preview the transcript before you send it. Just like the page on Acclaim, my 3 "old" badges do not show the ACE credit recommendation at all. All of the other Sophia badges do show the recommendation.

Same with me.  My Study.com and old ALEKS courses show 2 badges - 1 badge that says ACE with a banner below showing the course provider and course name, and then a plain ACE badge next to the credit recommendation area.

The Sophia badge just shows a Black Badge with the course name on it, and it's next to the course info: Course name & Number, Course Provider, Issue Date, and description.  There is nothing that shows that it's ACE, nor the credit recommendation info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hey everyone

I got my credits - all of the missing ones - today. It says that they were 'completed' December 2nd. That's actually just the date Sophia tried to transfer them, some of them were over a year old.

I highly recommend you check back soon. I had no indication this would happen and have called them a lot. I wanted to check to call them again and I am so happy all the classes are there!
When my two one-credit courses were added they did not show an ACE recommendation on the details page, but now when I click the badge they both do now show ACE recommended for 1 credit each.    I did not ask them to correct this but it now shows correctly.  

I probably won't be able to fit those particular ones into my degree plan anyway, but it's nice that my Acclaim badges are now fully up-to-date with all providers.   Smile
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
Not mine. The badges and the transcript have no ACE recommendation.
(02-03-2021, 07:08 PM)NC Coach Wrote: When my two one-credit courses were added they did not show an ACE recommendation on the details page, but now when I click the badge they both do now show ACE recommended for 1 credit each.    I did not ask them to correct this but it now shows correctly.  

I probably won't be able to fit those particular ones into my degree plan anyway, but it's nice that my Acclaim badges are now fully up-to-date with all providers.   Smile

Not at all true.  My Sophia badge is still incorrect.  And I still am missing badges for other providers.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My first 11 Sophia badges I completed in 2020 came quickly. Now the courses I completed in 2016-17 are coming in one or two at a time.
Just to update. My US History 2 was fixed. It shows ACE credit now. I emailed acclaim and explained that my US History 2 was US History 2- 2017. They replaced it with appropriate version of the badge. So i am good
[-] The following 2 users Like Cofffeee's post:
  • doom, monchevy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 441 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 894 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 684 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,196 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 119 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 510 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 214 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 749 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az