Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Oh, Joy!" (said with depressing sarcasm)
My proctor has 2 of my TECEPs, and I was going to take one tomorrow and one in a couple weeks if I could of re-registered. I didn’t study much for either one till recently cause the holidays slowed me down big time and before that I was working on other courses (at LSU, and when the term began multiple courses with StraighterLine) and stuff for high school, as I’m currently a Senior in both. It's only been in the last 2-3 weeks that I've really studied much for the Taxation tecep.

I called TESC a week and a half ago, and they said that to re-register for a TECEP it’s $20 for a new term. I called today (cause today is the last day of registration for the FEB terem) and they’re now telling me it’s a whole new $99!! I never was able to get a hold of the Registrars office today (was on hold with them for half an hour and couldn’t take it anymore). Whoever I spoke with in Testing Admin today, said that the they stopped the re-register for a TECEP for $20 a couple years ago. I finally ended up looking one there website for something and did find this “To test after your term ends, you must re-register and pay a new test fee.” Really wish I found this beforehand and not of blindly trusted TESC’s folks I spoke with. I would of taken the one TECEP last week, when I called, but though, “Gee for $20, what’s the rush”.

Tomorrow is the last day for me to test, because the term ends January 19, and my proctor’s last proctoring till then is, well tomorrow.

If they’re going to make me pay up a whole new $99 for a test just for more time, I’m going to take the thing and see what comes of it and what is one it. If I fail, I’m still going to have to pay the $99 anyway.

The one test (that I’ve studied for) is Federal Income Taxation, the other one (that I’ve got a couple hours to study for) is Strategic Management, which also happens to be my Capstone course. If it would of been $20, I would of just registered. BLAH! They’re both 3 hrs long, so I’ll take ‘em back to back tomorrow.

If anyone has any tips for either of these tests, or knows of another path, I’d be very happy to hear them. Otherwise, to those who may be taking TECEPs in the future, 2 tips... 1) Don’t wait till the last possible day to test and 2) look over the testing policies.
I really can’t blame TESC for it all. It’s my fault for not reading through the stuff and getting the info. Also, it’s not the best idea to keep procrastinating till the last possible day to test. Though I must say, it doesn’t help that there is next to nothing in terms of feedback for these tests.

Off to see what I can cram for Strategic Management and brush up for Federal Taxation for the rest of the day and likely through the night.
Wow! Sorry I don't have any tips or suggestions for these tests. Just wanted to say that it really stinks you have to take them both in one day! Sad I'll be rooting that you do well on them!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Thanks! It's actually my first (and hopefully last) dual testing day.
Publius, best of luck. I imagine you're more than a little stressed, but you're doing the best you can. I do not have access to the Specific Feedback section any longer, and you probably already know, but wanted to make sure you also look up the Business Policy TECEP feedback and IC cards. Business Policy and Strategic Management are the same course. TESC just changed the name around this time last year.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Wow, I was tired enough taking two rather easy DSSTs in one day. Two TECEPs?! I can't imagine. I'll pray you do well!
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
BUMMED for you!!! Good luck though, you have nothing to lose at this point, I think you're right to give it a try!
Whoa, best wishes on the Strategic Management TECEP! I'm gearing up to take the Federal Income Taxation TECEP myself within the next two weeks (have to get it done before my online classes start on Feb. 1). Let me know how the tax one goes...

Anyway, why does the term end Jan. 19? Did you order the tests up two months ago or something?
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Thanks, all. It's over and behind me now, hopefully. Big Grin Actually feel better about the Strategic Management one then the Tax.

Ubuntu_user Wrote:Whoa, best wishes on the Strategic Management TECEP! I'm gearing up to take the Federal Income Taxation TECEP myself within the next two weeks (have to get it done before my online classes start on Feb. 1). Let me know how the tax one goes...

Anyway, why does the term end Jan. 19? Did you order the tests up two months ago or something?
I'll be posting some info in the specific exam feedback, that thread is missing it's biannual post anyway (since '08, 3 posts and 1 is a question. Tongue). I can also probably send you a PM with the info.

It's because I was signed up for the Nov term. I never got around to studying for it because I had to finish other things that were timed, like the Trig for my Precalc requirement (ALEKS), Microeconomics and Managerial Accounting (SL) and Intermediate Acct (LSU). Still working on the LSU course, but the others are done. That was just college, still had some things for High School, a lot of family stuff over the holidays, and basketball. It's just been a rather full 3-4 months.
Publius Wrote:Thanks, all. It's over and behind me now, hopefully. Big Grin Actually feel better about the Strategic Management one then the Tax.

Yay! Well, I be praying that the graders are very lenient and generous in their grading. Wink What's up next for you?
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback
Publius Wrote:Thanks, all. It's over and behind me now, hopefully. Big Grin Actually feel better about the Strategic Management one then the Tax.

I'll be posting some info in the specific exam feedback, that thread is missing it's biannual post anyway (since '08, 3 posts and 1 is a question. Tongue). I can also probably send you a PM with the info.

It's because I was signed up for the Nov term. I never got around to studying for it because I had to finish other things that were timed, like the Trig for my Precalc requirement (ALEKS), Microeconomics and Managerial Accounting (SL) and Intermediate Acct (LSU). Still working on the LSU course, but the others are done. That was just college, still had some things for High School, a lot of family stuff over the holidays, and basketball. It's just been a rather full 3-4 months.

Ah! I know how that goes... Wink

Sure, if you wouldn't mind PMing me the info, I'd appreciate it since I'm no longer signed up to IC (have all those tests behind me). Big Grin btw, did you use a textbook or the J.K. Lassor's, or both?
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei