Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, so here's an idea...
There have been many "I'm Done" posts, and I'm sure many more people finish but don't say so. What are your thoughts on something (on the internet) where people, when completed their degree "non-traditionally" via DL, CLEPs, etc., could list their name and their degree and maybe how many classes, tests, and/or how long it took them.
This way, as people complete their degree, it can be listed and recorded. Overtime the number of people would grow and grow and not only would it be an encouragement to people who are thinking about or in the process of completing their degree "non-traditionally" but also informally build an amazing record. It may catch a part of the publics eye after a bit and show them this isn't a hoax or cop out or impossible, rather it's a way to earn a RA accredited degree for a fraction of the time and money (something I like to call "Higher Education Revolutionized"). I just thought of this the other day and I think it could have some potential.

What are your thoughts on this? Good idea? Bad idea? Crazy? Likely to succeed or fail? Why or why not? Of course, the details of how it will be coordinated, set up, and operated, when it would take place, who or what organization would run it, what credentials people would have to meet to be added, etc. all would need to be worked through. Any and all thoughts on this topic are welcomed and wanted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids Idea Tank Alpha 0 761 04-02-2021, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  New Search Feature Idea - by Degree? keepsingin 7 1,487 06-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Random Extra-$ idea for those that have acquired their BA kevinmane 6 1,063 10-11-2015, 03:58 AM
Last Post: dbwdb
  Idea for topic -- traditional schools that take CLE CLEP_enthusiast 7 1,507 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Trying to Rewrite History...Good Idea or Bad Idea? marianne202 6 1,388 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  A profitable online business idea for busy distance-learning students Levi 0 1,027 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Levi
  Idea Straydog 7 1,942 09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Straydog