Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits)
(06-16-2021, 06:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, I also had issues and did have to do a password reset: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...its?page=4

Mailed IT and got it to reset. Working fine now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes msa145's post:
  • rachel83az
Was just thinking this morning that it is possible that quite a few people here have completed courses by now through ONU and I am very interested in reading reviews.  I'm a few weeks away from taking my first ONU course and feeling a little nervous.  Hopefully, at least a few people will post their experiences.  Thanks!
Update: Just saw that they added chemistry at some point in the last several days.
I finished World Lit last month and am rounding out Thematic Studies in Lit. I'm a little apprehensive about posting a review of the course, as it seems like ONU wants to keep course content on lock-down.
If you want or need the lit courses, be prepared to do a good bit of writing. Mostly 3-4 page papers in APA on various topics, but there's a lot to pack into those 3-4 pages each time. I'm loving them so far. I'd like to see them add the Ethnic Relations course spoken of above. I believe these will be the only courses I'm interested in completing through ONU at this time.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
(07-12-2021, 05:02 PM)jcooke Wrote: Update: Just saw that they added chemistry at some point in the last several days.
I finished World Lit last month and am rounding out Thematic Studies in Lit. I'm a little apprehensive about posting a review of the course, as it seems like ONU wants to keep course content on lock-down.
If you want or need the lit courses, be prepared to do a good bit of writing. Mostly 3-4 page papers in APA on various topics, but there's a lot to pack into those 3-4 pages each time. I'm loving them so far. I'd like to see them add the Ethnic Relations course spoken of above. I believe these will be the only courses I'm interested in completing through ONU at this time.

Thank you so much for responding, that is so kind!  The courses I've looked at are "regular" courses so, really, I am not as worried about specific course content.  I am more interested how others felt about the provider and the logistics of taking a class through ONU.  Any problems or glitches or entire courses to look out for?  For instance, it is clear by reading this forum, that if you are going to UMPI, don't take their biology with lab course.  How many souls have been saved from torment from reading that advice?! :-) Is homework submission straightforward?  How long do the assignments take to get graded?  I'm glad to hear you got through your courses.  I do like writing papers so that sounds encouraging to me.  I hope the courses I take are more about writing.  On the other hand, I am a very nervous test-taker.  So, while I'm not looking for answers to test questions, could you answer if the tests are open-book and/or timed?  Does grading for quizzes and tests show up immediately, upon completion, or do you have to wait for notification?  Does the study material correlate to the tests, quizzes?  (I'm not going to take the Lit classes, so I'm not asking a specific question here).  One of my Sophia courses had a few test questions that had nothing whatever to do with the study material, it was weird!  My worst test situation is getting a test question where the multiple choice answers *might* all be right, but without telling the student to pick "the most correct" answer, they leave you just guessing and hanging, like, are they tricking you or what?  Could you make a comparison between Sophia (course work load, time spent on course, style of study materials, like that) and ONU?   Did the instructor respond quickly and helpfully to you?  Would you rate your overall experience as good, would you recommend ONU to others as a good option?  I'm only planning on taking 2 courses through them for RA credits, I'm sure I'll be fine, but I love to read forum posts about what's coming up for me to kind of get me ready to do it myself.  Nice to know there is a survivor, haha, thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • NC Coach
(07-12-2021, 07:25 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:02 PM)jcooke Wrote: Update: Just saw that they added chemistry at some point in the last several days.

Thank you so much for responding, that is so kind!  The courses I've looked at are "regular" courses so, really, I am not as worried about specific course content.  I am more interested how others felt about the provider and the logistics of taking a class through ONU.  Any problems or glitches or entire courses to look out for?  For instance, it is clear by reading this forum, that if you are going to UMPI, don't take their biology with lab course.  How many souls have been saved from torment from reading that advice?! :-) Is homework submission straightforward?  How long do the assignments take to get graded?  I'm glad to hear you got through your courses.  I do like writing papers so that sounds encouraging to me.  I hope the courses I take are more about writing.  On the other hand, I am a very nervous test-taker.  So, while I'm not looking for answers to test questions, could you answer if the tests are open-book and/or timed?  Does grading for quizzes and tests show up immediately, upon completion, or do you have to wait for notification?  Does the study material correlate to the tests, quizzes?  (I'm not going to take the Lit classes, so I'm not asking a specific question here).  One of my Sophia courses had a few test questions that had nothing whatever to do with the study material, it was weird!  My worst test situation is getting a test question where the multiple choice answers *might* all be right, but without telling the student to pick "the most correct" answer, they leave you just guessing and hanging, like, are they tricking you or what?  Could you make a comparison between Sophia (course work load, time spent on course, style of study materials, like that) and ONU?   Did the instructor respond quickly and helpfully to you?  Would you rate your overall experience as good, would you recommend ONU to others as a good option?  I'm only planning on taking 2 courses through them for RA credits, I'm sure I'll be fine, but I love to read forum posts about what's coming up for me to kind of get me ready to do it myself.  Nice to know there is a survivor, haha, thanks!!

I agree that all of this is more helpful to know than actual course content, which you can get from the syllabus.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-11-2021, 11:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: World Literature is a LL course. ENG 301 (Thematic Studies in Literature) is UL.

Is that confirmed UL at TESU?

(08-15-2021, 07:49 PM)Mian Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 11:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: World Literature is a LL course. ENG 301 (Thematic Studies in Literature) is UL.

Unlike with ACE courses, TESU almost always brings in UL credit from other universities as UL. AFAIK, it's exceedingly rare that they would even consider bringing it in as LL. So, while I'm not sure that it's 100% guaranteed at this point, there's probably a 99% certainty. Exactly what they'll bring it in as is still a mystery at this point until someone posts what they got.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Mian, Pikachu
(08-16-2021, 02:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 07:49 PM)Mian Wrote:

Unlike with ACE courses, TESU almost always brings in UL credit from other universities as UL. AFAIK, it's exceedingly rare that they would even consider bringing it in as LL. So, while I'm not sure that it's 100% guaranteed at this point, there's probably a 99% certainty. Exactly what they'll bring it in as is still a mystery at this point until someone posts what they got.

Oh that's good to know, thank you. I noticed on the application first page a yes/no question about high school diploma/ged. Do they reject you automatically if you answer no? I have a college transcript, but no high school.

I did not send in my HS stuff to apply to ONU. All I did was upload my unofficial ASU transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-16-2021, 07:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I did not send in my HS stuff to apply to ONU. All I did was upload my unofficial ASU transcript.

Did you put ASU as the most recent school? It asks for all the schools you previously attended and a transcript for each. I am wondering if its worth doing a course at ASU just so I can get a transcript, since the only RA one I have is the XAMK one.

I emailed ONU to ask what they would like me to do about transcripts, because I also took iGCSE's in highschool so.. no American style GPA. It won't let me fill in the application without filling the GPA box, and obviously XAMK uses the Finnish system. I can upload photocopies of my iGCSE certs, but you can't proceed through the form without inputting a GPA.

I emailed them a couple times for different things too, like I can't input my address (US military address overseas, they don't have AE as an option for state) but in each case they just ignored my emails :/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,781 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,565 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,917 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 947 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,073 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 706 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 18,943 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,110 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az