Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits
I know almost every course platform but I have never heard of SDC. What is this exactly? Is this a good way to get RA credits?
It's study.com it isn't RA credits.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

If you need RA credits, good sources vary depending on need/budget. They include:

TEL Learning - $200 per course. Each course has 2 proctored exams + assignments.
ASU Universal Learner - $25 to take a course for credit, plus $400 per course transcription fee if you like your grade.
TECEP exams - $50/credit for LL exams, $75/credit for UL exams.
Outlier.org - $400/course. Some students have reported difficulties getting these credits accepted.

Local community colleges can be more affordable, or they might actually cost more. Check https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit for other suggestions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's right, SDC = Study.com and they're ACE recommend for credit, it's one of the alternative credit options or providers we recommend. I usually tell people to do the Sophia.org/Study.com combo, Sophia.org for Lower Level, Study.com for Upper.

And here's the WIKI if you wanted to review some information: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi everyone! I have been looking for alternative ways to earn RA credits and I came accross Olivet YourWay. However, I saw that they will not be offering this program next year. Does anyone know if I can still apply and finish any of their courses before they change the policy?

Another resource that I'm looking at is Diné College. If you are looking for alternative ways to earn RA credits you should check it!
Olivet can no longer be signed up for, unfortunately.

Diné is good, but they also have a very standard semester structure that won't work for a lot of people here.

UExcels used to be popular, but they're completely gone.

I think most people are going to go back to TECEPs and TEL Learning for their RA credit.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
@Antonella, I've merged the two threads as it's both asking for RA credits.  What you really need to do is to be more detailed on what you're trying to do. We're trying to help, so help us help you buy providing your learning scenario as each person has different situations. Please re-read my previous reply to you here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid377800

Basically, I see in another previous thread you're looking at the COSC General Studies degree as you're an international student and you need it cheap, easy, fast.  By following the template and last post addendum to the link I replied to you in the post, we'll know more info.  With these details, you may be best off with UMPI as it may even be cheaper, easier, faster for you in the end.

(10-07-2022, 04:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Olivet can no longer be signed up for, unfortunately.

Diné is good, but they also have a very standard semester structure that won't work for a lot of people here.

UExcels used to be popular, but they're completely gone.

I think most people are going to go back to TECEPs and TEL Learning for their RA credit.
Thanks Rachel!

(10-07-2022, 12:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Antonella, I've merged the two threads as it's both asking for RA credits.  What you really need to do is to be more detailed on what you're trying to do. We're trying to help, so help us help you buy providing your learning scenario as each person has different situations. Please re-read my previous reply to you here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid377800

Basically, I see in another previous thread you're looking at the COSC General Studies degree as you're an international student and you need it cheap, easy, fast.  By following the template and last post addendum to the link I replied to you in the post, we'll know more info.  With these details, you may be best off with UMPI as it may even be cheaper, easier, faster for you in the end.
Hi, thanks for your feedback! I have considered UMPI but they don’t offer bachelors of science.
Antonella Wrote:Hi, thanks for your feedback! I have considered UMPI but they don’t offer bachelors of science.

Just because UMPI's degree doesn't say "science", it shouldn't be a reason to dismiss the degree or university because of that minor detail. You should create a spreadsheet, this will be used for reference, tracking of your degree plan. All courses you take will go towards COSC, Excelsior, TESU, UMPI, etc up to 90 credits, at Excelsior/TESU, you can transfer in 113/114. I would start with the Sophia.org courses after you invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking. Essentially, if you go to a Masters in the future, no one will even notice the minor detail in your bachelor's degree at all.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Why do you think you specifically need a Bachelor of Science vs. a different Bachelor's degree? Sometimes, there are good reasons. Most of the time, though, getting a specific Bachelor of Science doesn't really make a difference.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 197 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,087 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,462 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 978 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,067 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 18,550 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,430 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore