Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more class and I'm done
Geez - after four years of on again - off again schooling, I'm finally just one class away from getting my BS in Marketing. I've had a number of breaks in the middle of this journey, lacks of concentration and general frustrations.

I've been a practicing marketing professional for 8 years, but the lack of a degree has kept me from the 6 figure income I've coveted.

I'm taking Race to Save the Planet as my final required class, and within a couple of weeks plan to test out.

For all of you newbies working on your required classes - hang in their and keep at it.

I'll report back once I've completed the class.

Cheers,

Cal
Calboy Wrote:Geez - after four years of on again - off again schooling, I'm finally just one class away from getting my BS in Marketing. I've had a number of breaks in the middle of this journey, lacks of concentration and general frustrations.
Best of luck to you Calboy, and good for you for sticking with it! Wink Before you know it, you'll be posting your own "I'M DONE" post!

Keep up the good work,

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Calboy Wrote:Geez - after four years of on again - off again schooling, I'm finally just one class away from getting my BS in Marketing. I've had a number of breaks in the middle of this journey, lacks of concentration and general frustrations.

I've been a practicing marketing professional for 8 years, but the lack of a degree has kept me from the 6 figure income I've coveted.

I'm taking Race to Save the Planet as my final required class, and within a couple of weeks plan to test out.

For all of you newbies working on your required classes - hang in their and keep at it.

I'll report back once I've completed the class.

Cheers,

Cal

Ohhhh!!! Cal, that is sooo exciting. I hope you kick butt Big Grin
Good luck to you on your last exam Smile
[SIZE="2"]TECEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]English Composition 102[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Technical Writing[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Psychology of Women[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Word Processing Fundamentals[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Computer Information Systems[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]CLEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 60[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Management - 71[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Marketing - 67[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Macroeconomics - 54 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Microeconomics - 57 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business Law- 65 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]DSST's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Supervision - 59[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business - 63[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Financial Accounting- 54[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]FEMA Credits earned: 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ALEKS Intro to Stats completed 3/10/09 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ASBA - TESC - 3/6/09
BSBA - general management in progress
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Working on: PF Business and Technical Writing[/SIZE]
Good Luck on your up coming test.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Nice to hear from you all. I think the CLEPS and DANTES are the best thing that has ever been invented - actually, online classes are great too. At a certain age - sitting in a classroom, just isn't possible.

Part of my course work was spent in University of Phoenix rooms in a busy downtown setting. Many of my classes were excellent - but the team work scenerio can be problematic when you have one or more flakes in the group who are not holding up their weight.

I took my required math classes online and I must say - it was the only way I could have passed those classes.

Cal
Good luck to you on your last exam

I hear that is the problem with U of P , One of my friends was doing just that, and stopped when he was doing the majority of the work.

He said some people do it intentionally, believing they can slack off and coast to a easy A.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
GOOD JOB...Put this degree to bed! CongratsWink
If anyone were to ask me about taking classes at UOP, I would suggest InstantCert is a second as a cost saving tool. My bill is in the teens, and I already had 60+ units for a Cal State college I's attended years earlier.

Over priced classes.

Cal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 428 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Mobile phone use in class bjcheung77 0 249 08-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 986 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  What is/was your most hated class and how have you dealt with it? rachel83az 8 869 08-29-2022, 01:53 AM
Last Post: splirow
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,139 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  STC Free class gams007 8 990 07-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: creationstory
Shocked Utah’s Westminster College Offers " " Class Where Students Will ‘Watch " " Films ... LevelUP 8 1,057 04-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 1,785 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,189 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap & Quick GPA Accrediated Insutition for 1 Class ashkir 1 847 10-06-2020, 03:57 AM
Last Post: rachel83az