Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year ago and a Big Thank You to this forum!
I realized something this morning - it was just a year ago I started the process to finish my undergrad degree at TESU. I spent Christmas break reading through these forums and taking a couple of free courses. All I knew at that point was I wanted to finish my undergrad by end of 2017. I had worked on it in stops and starts over the course of two decades but had always had to put school on hold for career, family or finances. By end of last January my evaluation was complete and I needed around 40 credits to graduate. I was able to complete those by end of June and graduated in September. I share this, not to brag, but to say THANK YOU to this forum. I also share this to encourage anyone starting out.

I know I could not have gotten this far, this quickly, without guidance and encouragement along the way. When I started out I had no idea how any of this worked. If not for this forum I wouldn't have known where to find the courses I needed or had assurance any of them would transfer in as hoped. I also saved so many thousands of dollars and graduated debt free which I never expected. Just a month before I had applied at SNHU and if I had stayed there I would have paid well over $14,000 and not have finished until next summer!!! Instead I spent a fraction of that, finished my undergrad, took more than four months off and have finished three master's courses already in just one year! 

So, if you are just starting off, don't hesitate! It is so nice to look back and see how much has changed in only a year. And to all on the forum who helped me along the way, a big THANK YOU!!!!
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 12 users Like rlw74's post:
  • ajs1976a, cookderosa, dfrecore, eriehiker, Ideas, Joeman200, Life Long Learning, mc.christi, MSK9, mudball, originalamyj, sanantone
This is a wonderful story and thank you so very much for sharing it. With a plan and determation you made it. Congrats!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Congrats!!  Big Grin
Congratulations! Great story! While at the DMV today, a lady sitting next to me was on the phone with some rep from some college (probably SNHU) talking about how she wanted to see about transferring in the Fall because she wants to accelerate her degree plan. When she hung up I just had to tell her I couldn't help but overhear the subject of her conversation and gave her this website. I hope she visits and reads your story!
I've had two Lyft drivers ask about my work and then talk about their school aspirations. They were both great candidates for the Big3. I referred them here, and encouraged then to post, but I haven't seen any sign of them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Congrats! Great work! Wow, in two months, you've got 1/4th of the MTS degree completed, excellent!
Haha, I've been also referring people to CBE & the Big 3, I just tell them to visit this webpage as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 871 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 757 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 614 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 782 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
  PASSHE Freeze tuition for the fifth year in a row Vle045 7 784 08-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  16 year old - $50K reward bjcheung77 0 409 06-18-2023, 02:30 PM
  13 year old college grad bjcheung77 1 515 05-27-2023, 10:03 AM
  Two 16 year old students are recognized... bjcheung77 0 371 05-14-2023, 04:10 PM
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,025 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 474 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM