Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Bachelor degree help
North african here too,
and struggling to find any suitable fully online flexible bachelor degree (financially)
what country are you from?
I split your post from the original thread because you're looking for a Bachelor's degree, but the original thread was about Master's degrees.

What kind of degree are you looking for, what subject? What's your budget?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thanks for that Rachel
I am looking for an IT degree (be it Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development, even Graphic Design...)
Non EU non US (from Tunisia)
Budget is around 4K to 5K USD, I wish it could be done in 3 to 6 months
(I am a web developer with over 3 years of experience so I guess that'd help a lot)
I've made my shortlist and the two finalists are Purdue Global Exceltrack BS IT and UMassGlobal MyPath
(I wish WGU and Wisconsin accepted internationals tho.., btw if any Non US resident here has a workaround for that feel free to share it)
With PUG now not requiring you to pay a whole separate term for the capstone, and complaints I read about UMass requiring lots of writing, I am seriously considering PUG, but didn't find relevant reviews about it

That's it, if you have any other Universities or tips feel free to share them
Thanks for everyone here
PUG has at least as much, if not more, writing than UMass Global. Every single credit you take with them requires at least a full paper or project of some kind. Since you must take at least 45 credits with them (they're on the quarter system and 45 credits is 1/4 of their degree), that's 45 papers. I think, but I am not 100% positive, that UMass is on the semester system and you only need to write one paper per class. If so, that would probably be about 10 papers. Even if the papers are supposed to be twice as long as the PUG papers, that's still about half the writing.

Are you planning to use the degree in Tunisia or do you want to use it in another country? If you want to use it in your country, I think that University of the People could be an option. I don't think it would be finished in 3-6 months, but I think that you could possibly transfer in enough credits that you could get a degree in about a year. Without any transfer credit, it'd cost almost $5k for a Computer Science degree. With transfer credit, you could cut it down to $3-4k.

If you could somehow budget a little more, TESU could be an option. That'd be around $7-8k for a Computer Science degree, if you planned it right. But it requires almost no writing, mostly exams.

Definitely out of your budget would be Metropolia University in Finland. Just over $10k for a BSIT degree, but that also seems to have very little writing. And could probably be completed in about a year to a year and a half.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
TESU's BACS might be doable; the FT/FR price of $4778 for the final 16cr term, plus 5 LL TECEP exams, plus Sophia and Study.com, thrown in some Saylor exams, and you could conceivably get it for less than $7k. Maybe doing the XAMK courses for RA credit instead of TECEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 130 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 120 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  LVN/LPN to RN - options for (mostly) online education? studyingfortests 16 427 04-22-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,703 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 191 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,546 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 210 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 248 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az