Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online MBA scholarships
I am looking for an accredited online MBA or other maybe Dsc in cybersecurity and wanted to know the opinions of others here. I understand both are different degrees, just want to expand my resume and credibility.

- I already have a MCIT in information security emphasis with 4.0 GPA 
- Have several information security certifications including CISSP
- A decade of experience in the same field.
- I live in Canada, so WGU won't let me in for their MBA program as they offer only to US residents
- I have applied to Quantic mba/EMBA program hoping to get 100% scholarship. I know they aren't ACBSP and the recent accreditation they got does not hold a lot of weight. Still, if they offer for free I will jump in.
- The online MBA like GIES for 22K or Boston for 24K does not offer any scholarships. 
- Is there any online Dsc cybersecurity or a similar program which will scholarship based on my 4.0 GPA, skill and experience?
(07-15-2020, 03:52 PM)anjan42 Wrote: I am looking for an accredited online MBA or other maybe Dsc in cybersecurity and wanted to know the opinions of others here. I understand both are different degrees, just want to expand my resume and credibility.

- I already have a MCIT in information security emphasis with 4.0 GPA 
- Have several information security certifications including CISSP
- A decade of experience in the same field.
- I live in Canada, so WGU won't let me in for their MBA program as they offer only to US residents
- I have applied to Quantic mba/EMBA program hoping to get 100% scholarship. I know they aren't ACBSP and the recent accreditation they got does not hold a lot of weight. Still, if they offer for free I will jump in.
- The online MBA like GIES for 22K or Boston for 24K does not offer any scholarships. 
- Is there any online Dsc cybersecurity or a similar program which will scholarship based on my 4.0 GPA, skill and experience?

There is a whole industry focused on college scholarships out there. Scholarships are typically competitive though, so they are not guaranteed. Getting grants or scholarships for an MBA is hard, those are typically intended to be self-funded given the nature of the degree. On the other hand, there may be scholarships or grants that are tailored specifically to undergrad and grad students pursuing degrees in Cybersecurity. You'll need to do some research on your own to find them. I know the US Government does fund some grants and fellowships for students pursuing Cybersecurity degrees, but I don't know that you'd qualify for any of those without being a US Citizen.

You might want to investigate to see what financial aid programs are available to you from the Canadian government. Most scholarships and grants are intended to supplement traditional financial aid rather than to replace it.

As for graduate programs in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, I am sure there are a ton of options there at both the master and doctoral levels but I don't know how much is available online (though with Covid most schools are moving online so who knows what the future holds). If you are really interested in the work required to pursue a D.Sc. or a Ph.D. in Cybersecurity, it is not that hard to get a full scholarship (or grants, fellowships, and/or assistantships) that will more than cover your expenses. You just need to find a fully-funded program and be invited to participate (some of those programs are also highly competitive since they have limited slots available). Most doctoral programs will expect you to relocate to be local to the university (if not already) and be full-time in the program (which runs 3-6 years). That said, if you're only interested in online programs or part-time programs, those don't automatically come with funding. You'll likely be out of pocket for most of the expenses unless you can find financial aid to help cover the expenses.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 300 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 308 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,322 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,009 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,657 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 417 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Master's in Online or Digital Marketing resistk 2 322 02-13-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: resistk