Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online MBA
I'd like to challenge the premise of the thread, please.

Why is AACSB accreditation important?

As far as I know, the only two situations where it really matters is if you want to pursue a doctorate at an AACSB-accredited program (which can usually be overcome) or teach at an AACSB-accredited program (where it usually cannot).

Otherwise, who cares?
(03-20-2019, 08:44 PM)Sagan Wrote: I'd like to challenge the premise of the thread, please.

As far as I know, the only two situations where it really matters is if you want to pursue a doctorate at an AACSB-accredited program (which can usually be overcome) or teach at an AACSB-accredited program (where it usually cannot).

Otherwise, who cares?

I stated this earlier in the thread, and as far as I know it's the general consensus around here. Maybe the OP is on of the few cases where AACSB matters, but probably not.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'm looking into starting a Online MBA program. Does anyone have experience with the Southeastern Oklahoma State University online MBA program? What do you think about this program? What is the academic pressure and workload at Southeastern Oklahoma State University online MBA? Do you have good professor to take some of the Online MBA? Or do you have other affordable or cheap tuition online MBA at least regional accreditation? I also am looking for the Missouri state university which it is affordable too.

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or tips y'all might have.
(03-18-2019, 08:15 AM)AwardTour Wrote: At the risk of being both overly paranoid and wrong, I think all of you have been replying to a manual spammer "gaining credibility" before they spam/promote something.

I think you're probably right.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • AwardTour
(03-21-2019, 11:56 AM)jsd Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 08:15 AM)AwardTour Wrote: At the risk of being both overly paranoid and wrong, I think all of you have been replying to a manual spammer "gaining credibility" before they spam/promote something.

I was right in the past but this time I might be wrong actually. Going forward I wont share my thoughts on this type of stuff publicly. The mods here do a great job without me guessing if someone is a potential spammer or not. 

I should remind myself that this board is used by a few people internationally whose first language is clearly not English. If they are a manual spammer then they are investing wayyyyy too much time for little return. The only thing that puzzles me, even factoring in the language barrier, is the OP essentially ignoring the responses/advice that they get. 

I can see someone with the same exact username on reddit asking the same questions and essentially ignoring the responses. 

Again, apologies to the OP and the mods if I am wrong. This is just way too much time to invest to try to find English teachers for a school in Hong Kong. The OP might be on a real quest for answers but the responses are getting lost in translation.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(03-21-2019, 02:41 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:56 AM)jsd Wrote:

I was right in the past but this time I might be wrong actually. Going forward I wont share my thoughts on this type of stuff publicly. The mods here do a great job without me guessing if someone is a potential spammer or not. 

I should remind myself that this board is used by a few people internationally whose first language is clearly not English. If they are a manual spammer then they are investing wayyyyy too much time for little return. The only thing that puzzles me, even factoring in the language barrier, is the OP essentially ignoring the responses/advice that they get. 

I can see someone with the same exact username on reddit asking the same questions and essentially ignoring the responses. 

Again, apologies to the OP and the mods if I am wrong. This is just way too much time to invest to try to find English teachers for a school in Hong Kong. The OP might be on a real quest for answers but the responses are getting lost in translation.

I can see where you're coming from on this one, but I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Until they actually post something spam-related I don't assume anything. Worst case, I figure others who read the forum passively may learn something from our responses.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
(03-20-2019, 08:52 PM)jsd Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 08:44 PM)Sagan Wrote: I'd like to challenge the premise of the thread, please.

Otherwise, who cares?

I stated this earlier in the thread, and as far as I know it's the general consensus around here. Maybe the OP is on of the few cases where AACSB matters, but probably not.

Yes, you did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 291 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 296 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 493 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 264 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,295 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 495 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,002 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,655 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 414 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Master's in Online or Digital Marketing resistk 2 321 02-13-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: resistk