Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed
Master of Science in Computer Science University of Colorado Boulder
$15,750 USD tuition total
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-comp...ce-boulder
And here is the interesting part
"Simply complete a three-course pathway in either algorithms or software architecture on Coursera with at least a B in each course and you’ll be accepted—even if you don't hold a bachelor’s degree. No application required."
"Do I need a bachelor's degree?"
"No. Our admissions process does not depend on your academic history. Instead, we use performance-based admissions. This means we determine admission based only on your performance in a set of three specialized "pathway" courses. Simply complete your chosen 3-course pathway for credit with a B or better in each class to demonstrate your proficiency and be admitted to the program."
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 6 users Like frankc's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, davewill, FastTrackDegree, mariobros1985, origamishuttle, sanantone
Wow, I thought it meant no Bachelors in CS needed, meaning that they would accept say a BA in Liberal Arts or Business or whatever. But this is worded as in zero Bachelors whatsoever.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(04-13-2023, 04:42 PM)jsd Wrote: Wow, I thought it meant no Bachelors in CS needed, meaning that they would accept say a BA in Liberal Arts or Business or whatever. But this is worded as in zero Bachelors whatsoever.

In addition, the course needed for admission counts towards the MSCS. So basically 10% of the Master degree coursework done only needs 9 more courses to get the degree.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 2 users Like frankc's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
The problem is when you add it on your CV/Resume most HR Recruiters will wonder/question no bachelor listing (might cause 'red flag' issues). With that said, it does eliminate the issue if you have say a NA vs RA bachelor and looking to get into an RA master CS program - as 'if you're good enough, you're good enough for us - just they're using a prove it first approach.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 7 users Like allvia's post:
  • davewill, frankc, mariobros1985, Pikachu, rachel83az, sanantone, ss20ts
(04-13-2023, 04:47 PM)allvia Wrote: The problem is when you add it on your CV/Resume most HR Recruiters will wonder/question no bachelor listing (might cause 'red flag' issues). With that said, it does eliminate the issue if you have say a NA vs RA bachelor and looking to get into an RA master CS program - as 'if you're good enough, you're good enough for us - just they're using a prove it first approach.
Yes. A very good progression path for Uni of People BS Comp graduate.
[-] The following 6 users Like durain's post:
  • faresayari, FastTrackDegree, frankc, Pikachu, rachel83az, Vle045
This is amazing! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is something I definitely will pursue
[-] The following 2 users Like karehiro's post:
  • frankc, Vle045
Wow! this is a great option. Thanks.

I'm getting $0 ROI from my BS in IT degree.

Maybe this MS in CS degree will help me getting some money back. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(04-14-2023, 01:30 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wow! this is a great option. Thanks.

I hope your $0 ROI is because you already had a good job, otherwise I don't think the MSCS is going to help as much as going out and getting some coding experience.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • Vle045
(04-14-2023, 01:30 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wow! this is a great option. Thanks.

Experience is a big deal in IT. The degree is quite often just a checkbox in IT and the jobs come with experience and networking. Get networking and get experience.
This isn’t anything ground breaking with Boulder. They’ve had this format with the MSDS and MS Electrical Engineering for awhile now. All seem to be very good programs, but I suspect tha t you better know what you’re doing to be successful in it. I wouldn’t assume that because no bachelors is required that it will be any easier. IMO it will probably make it more difficult.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 169 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 139 Yesterday, 04:35 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 699 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,825 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 393 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,593 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,290 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 334 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM