Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Masters in English
I am looking into possibly pursuing an online adjunct position to teach Writing or English Composition. Any ideas for the quickest most cost effective online masters.
Are you looking for MA or MFA programs? I know Arizona State and Bowling Green have MA programs for < $500/cr, which is around what I'd consider "cost-effective" for your purposes. There's almost certainly cheaper options out there, but I'm not sure how obscure I'd be willing to go if teaching was my primary goal.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

University of Arkansas at Monticello has a ridiculously cheap and completely online MFA. You can get some of your credits for going to literary conventions, so that's an option to speed things up. No GRE required.

Northwestern State University has an online MA with in-state tuition for online students. Probably not the fastest, but cheaper than a lot of options.

Southern New Hampshire University has an online MA that is supposed to be fast, as little as 15 months, but I had an absolutely terrible experience at the school. YMMV. No GRE required.

Northern Arizona University has three different tracks for their online MA English and a self-paced Liberal Arts MA. At $674 a credit it may not be the cheapest option, but it has the several options for concentrations above and beyond just "Literature". That may or may not be worth the money for you. No GRE that I can see.

Options are kind of limited for an online MA English. Morehead State is another. I don't think it's fast, but their really aren't a lot of choices in the field.

Depending on where you live, the MLA Literary Arts from FHSU may be an option. Probably the cheapest. But that only works if the school you want to work for is accredited by SACS.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Thanks everyone for your reply. Does anyone know if the interdisciplinary degree from WNMU would work? Would having only 18 credits in English put me at a disadvantage as opposed to so many other applicants with a complete degree in English.
dbwdb Wrote:I am looking into possibly pursuing an online adjunct position to teach Writing or English Composition. Any ideas for the quickest most cost effective online masters.

One of my favorite options for any of the Language Arts with the intent on teaching as an adjunct s Western New Mexico University: Virtual Campus - Online Programs

You select 2 areas, each are 18 credits. If you take 6 credits per semester, the tuition is only $291/credit
Business Affairs Tuition and Fees

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 292 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 297 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 264 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,096 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,295 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 495 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,620 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM