Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Masters in a foreign country
Cookederosa kindly mentioned that the following countries offer free tuition:

You'll find 100% tuition in each of these countries:

Argentina ( taught in English or Spanish)
Brazil (taught in English or Portuguese)
Estonia (taught in English or Estonian)
Finland (taught in English, Finnish, and Swedish)
German (taught in English or German)
Norway (taught in English or Norwegian)

Chile scheduled to begin offering free tuition in March 2016

Anyone know if they offer online masters programs and if they are open to students from other countries?
The whole Nation or just one University?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Generally these are B&M Universities in major European cities and in general education is either free or at a reduced cost almost all across Europe for residents. I haven't read Jennifer's list but I'm presuming these are free to anyone who can get enrolled, and get themselves to the location and feed themselves when they get there. In Ireland American students pay full tuition, which is about 12,000 dollars per year for universities that rank around the top 50th in the world. It's a pity I didn't avail of more free education while I lived there.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:Generally these are B&M Universities in major European cities and in general education is either free or at a reduced cost almost all across Europe for residents. I haven't read Jennifer's list but I'm presuming these are free to anyone who can get enrolled, and get themselves to the location and feed themselves when they get there. In Ireland American students pay full tuition, which is about 12,000 dollars per year for universities that rank around the top 50th in the world. It's a pity I didn't avail of more free education while I lived there.

E12HCB you're correct. These are B&M degree programs taught in English and 100% free tuition. As with any college, transportation-living expenses-books, etc are always part of the equation. While I have not searched EVERY university in EVERY one of those countries, I'm about 99% sure that distance learning is excluded.

EDIT: but, there is always that one exception hidden in some dark corner- I hope you find it. And then message me. Smile
Life Long Learning Wrote:The whole Nation or just one University?

That's correct, the whole country. However, there are LOTS of free degree options that are not taught in English. I limited my research to degrees that were 100% tuition free AND taught in English.
dbwdb Wrote:Cookederosa kindly mentioned that the following countries offer free tuition:

You'll find 100% tuition in each of these countries:

Argentina ( taught in English or Spanish)
Brazil (taught in English or Portuguese)
Estonia (taught in English or Estonian)
Finland (taught in English, Finnish, and Swedish)
German (taught in English or German)
Norway (taught in English or Norwegian)

Chile scheduled to begin offering free tuition in March 2016

Anyone know if they offer online masters programs and if they are open to students from other countries?

Here's the thing, I didn't mention, I actually replied to a private message you sent me. You can share my reply (nothing you say on the internet is private and all that....) but you could help with some of the heavy lifting. Just sayin.
This website seems good for looking for international scholarships.
Many of the countries listed in this thread also have other help available for outstanding students.
International Scholarships for International Students from Developing Countries 2015-2016
You can keep an eye on Wings University in Berlin. They plan to become accredited in Germany or Italy within the next two years. I'm not sure how far they will get because their FAQ hints at them not really understanding accreditation. They are telling people that the MOOCs they are using from Harvard, Oxford, and other accredited schools are accredited. Of course, this is not true. The MOOCs aren't for-credit, so they don't fall under the school's accreditation and aren't transferable.

Wings University
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 306 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 314 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 495 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 4,657 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,336 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone