Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online degrees from Universiti Malaya
The top university in Malaysia, Universiti Malaya, is apparently offering Bachelor's and Master degrees via remote learning. This is a potentially great opportunity to get a degree from a Top 100 university for cheap (around $8,000 for a Masters degree). They have some interesting selections as well.
https://umcced.edu.my/programme/rl
[-] The following 1 user Likes archsvt's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Those are definitely some very interesting selections! Weirdly enough, the Bachelor's degrees appear to cost quite a bit more than the Master's degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
woah, they're the best Uni in Malaysia
That's a pretty affordable Masters Degree! A few of them are 32,000 Malaysian Ringgits, roughly 7,700 USD for international students. So yup, about 8K USD for an equivalent degree from an amazing ranked Malaysian University. This rivals the others I was looking at in the UK in the form of Top Ups... I guess it is time to search the ASEAN universities for similar deals...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
they have a Masters in Statistics that's around $6k USD

https://umcced.edu.my/programme/rl/mosis
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • rachel83az
Unrelated but somewhat related on Coursera OP Jindal University, a top school in India offers Masters degrees for 6k online. Very prestigious. I applied and got accepted, but chose other schools at the moment.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
(08-26-2021, 10:08 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Unrelated but somewhat related on Coursera OP Jindal University, a top school in India offers Masters degrees for 6k online. Very prestigious. I applied and got accepted, but chose other schools at the moment.
OP Jindal is a great university with competitive prices for their degrees, but I am a little bit iffy that graduates from Coursera will receive a degree that is different from their offline students. Taken from their FAQ on their International Relations degree:
Quote:Students who complete the programme will earn an Online M.A. in International Relations, Security and Strategy degree from O.P. Jindal Global University. This degree is unique from the on-campus M.A. in Diplomacy, Law, and Business programme. 
It is a minor issue for most, but it is a dealbreaker for me.
Hmmm interesting. Where is that information? Is it on the Coursera page? I wonder if the same is true for their other programs offered through Coursera,as they have a MA in Public Policy and MBA in Business Analytics
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
(08-26-2021, 10:45 PM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Hmmm interesting. Where is that information? Is it on the Coursera page?  I wonder if the same is true for their other programs offered through Coursera,as they have a MA in Public Policy and MBA in Business Analytics
Yep, from their Coursera MBA page:
Quote:Students who complete the programme will earn an Online MBA degree from O.P. Jindal Global University. This degree is unique from the on-campus MBA programme. 
And their Coursera Public Policy page:
Quote:Students who complete the programme will earn an Online M.A. in Public Policy degree from O.P. Jindal Global University. This degree is unique from the on-campus M.A. in Public Policy Programme.
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/mba-bus...lytics-jgu
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ma-public-policy-jgu
Hey everyone. I just wanted to go ahead and give you an update. It sounds like O.P. Jindal no longer mentions online on the front of its diplomas.

The Coursera page now says, "Students who complete the programme will earn a master's degree, M.A. in International Relations, Security and Strategy. This degree will be the same as an on-campus degree. (No mention of online in the degree title). However, online mode of learning will be mentioned on the back side of the certificate, as per the guidelines of the University Grants Commission, Govt. of India. This degree is unique from the on-campus M.A. in Diplomacy, Law, and Business programme."

It now says "Students who complete the programme will earn a master's degree, M.A. in International Relations, Security and Strategy. This degree will be the same as an on-campus degree. (No mention of online in the degree title). However, online mode of learning will be mentioned on the back side of the certificate, as per the guidelines of the University Grants Commission, Govt. of India. This degree is unique from the on-campus M.A. in Diplomacy, Law, and Business programme."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,516 8 hours ago
Last Post: Kab
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 258 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,142 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,605 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 366 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn