Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPIc not ratable
Hello,

a family member got a Superior in WPT and not ratable in OPIc. What does it mean?

If she is fluent in a language and scored max in one, how can she get a score that is not even on the list of scores?

ACTFL exams aren't cheap and OPIc is a bot asking questions.
But should be graded by real people not computers.
Ouch. I would contact them and ask about a possible mistake in scoring. That doesn't sound correct.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I would guess that there was some sort of problem with the phone line, making it so the computer couldn't hear correctly.

The reason the OPIc is a bot is because you chose that - if you want to do the OPI (no c for computer so no bot), you can actually talk to a real live person. It's $165, so a bit more expensive - but I'd bet that LTI will refund your $108 for the OPIc which you can then apply to the OPI.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-03-2021, 10:42 PM)Seagull Wrote: Hello,

a family member got a Superior in WPT and not ratable in OPIc. What does it mean?

If she is fluent in a language and scored max in one, how can she get a score that is not even on the list of scores?

ACTFL exams aren't cheap and OPIc is a bot asking questions.
But should be graded by real people not computers.

What credits did she get for the WPT in TESU? Or where ever she sent them?

Did she resolve the issue with OPIc?
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
Reading this post and dfrecore’s response, I am wondering if there is a benefit other than price to take the OPIc vs the OPI? With the poster’s suspected issues with the computer, is it better to just do the OPI?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
I suspect the OPIc is available any time, 24/7, while the OPI is obviously only available if they have a speaker available.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-20-2022, 07:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I suspect the OPIc is available any time, 24/7, while the OPI is obviously only available if they have a speaker available.

I think this is correct.

Also, the OPIc is only available for a limited set of languages, while the OPI has a ton available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I got my OPI results yesterday, but no info on Credly badge or ACE credits. How can I claim the credits?