Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online sources for graduate level courses
Hi:

Is there any online resources ( ex: straighterline ) where we can get some graduate level courses before we enroll to the master program.I'd like to do this to earn some credits.

Thnx in advance.
There are a lot less options for graduate credits. You need to pick a school and see what they will accept.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

redBlue Wrote:Hi:

Is there any online resources ( ex: straighterline ) where we can get some graduate level courses before we enroll to the master program.I'd like to do this to earn some credits.

Thnx in advance.

Here are some micromasters courses at edx :
https://www.edx.org/micromasters
Statistics.com - Course List - Online Courses
has a bunch of courses recommended by ACE for graduate credit

but good luck finding a school what will accept them
other than Rowan University Statistics.com - Degrees and College Credit

I don't know if TESU or COSC or Excelsior or anyone else accepts ACE graduate credits
frostedfire Wrote:Here are some micromasters courses at edx :
https://www.edx.org/micromasters

We've talked about these before, and this only works if you are admitted to the exact grad program and school that is granting the micromaster certificate. Some of the programs like MIT and Columbia are very difficult to get into. If you're not admitted, these certificates aren't worth academic credit.

Transferring grad credits is very hard. Many schools don't allow transfer credits. If allowed, they're often limited by university policy. Then the grad program may not apply the transfer credits to your specific requirements.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
There are very few online grad credits that you can get before you go for your M.A.
It depends on the school, and most of them don't allow transfer credits. For the few that do, wherever you get the credits, they have to fit in with the courses included with the school's M.A. degree.

That being said, I know Amberton University's Master's in Professional Development Degree will allow you to transfer up to 12 graduate credits in basically ANYthing.

VESis are the easiest and cheapest grad courses you can take.
If you can get an A or B in 4 VESi's 3-credit courses, then you can transfer those credits to Amberton and be 1/3 of the way done before you even start with Amberton. At that point, you'll only have to take 8 classes instead of 12 when you start.
I'm on my 4th class with Amberton and so far I've gotten As in all of 'em.
There's a TON of writing, but it is very doable.
Programs like WGU offer Grad credit for certain Industry certifications...not quite the same as Straighterline, but is self study you can complete before you start the program.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 329 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,215 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 330 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 896 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 500 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework bjcheung77 21 6,440 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 271 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 320 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,268 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM