Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Options for 16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver Fee
(04-29-2022, 03:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I haven't taken those classes from anywhere, so I can't speak directly to the difficulty. But it sounds like most TESU courses are relatively easy to complete, so long as you follow the rubric(s) and understand the material. Like, if you're bad at calculus, then Calc 3 would obviously be super difficult no matter where you take it! But, if you aren't struggling with Calculus, then you should be good to go for taking those courses at TESU.

Thanks @rachel83az. I'm hesitating only because @bjcheung77 advises against it here and in my other thread...! He's been the light that guided me through this whole thing! haha
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

@StudentOLife, I am linking you to this thread that I asked LevelUP to create, a few people including myself would opt to have a first term at TESU with courses that go towards the residency requirements and the final term the Capstone and another course. You can take the easier courses for the first term with the Cornerstone and then the final term take the capstones, you get to invest that $2-3K on a second degree by taking an extra 5 courses - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egree-Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-29-2022, 02:09 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: Does this sound like a feasible plan to avoid the waiver fee?

1) Do math courses at West Texas A&M/APU to fulfill the rest of my math math UL.

2) Learn Cal 3, review world art from Sophia and begin writing some of the Capstone research paper prior (i want to do that as I'd like to see how i like research). 

3) Start a term in TESU, take an easy to pass course from Wiki , use course extensions where I need (maybe on the capstone..): 
  • 3cr - ART 100-World of art (did sophia art I & II but forgot most) (TESU)
  • 3cr - GOG 230 Wold Geography (have got some relevant doc from before to get me started) (TESU)
  • 3cr - MAT 331 Cal 3 (TESU)
  • 3cr - SOS 101info literacy (TESU)
  • 3cr - LIB 495 Capstone (TESU)
  • 1cr- PLA 100 prior learning (TESU)

(04-30-2022, 08:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @StudentOLife, I am linking you to this thread that I asked LevelUP to create, a few people including myself would opt to have a first term at TESU with courses that go towards the residency requirements and the final term the Capstone and another course.  You can take the easier courses for the first term with the Cornerstone and then the final term take the capstones, you get to invest that $2-3K on a second degree by taking an extra 5 courses - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egree-Plan

Thanks for the link @bhcheung77. I saw that link that advocates for two separate degrees, BA CS & BSBA CSI, while I think it's a good low effort segue way -which I may consider once I finish the BA CS/Math requirements - my focus is to get into Gtech/UoTA at the moment and hope that the math will give me some advantage since my work experience is lacking.

To do that, my plan was to clear out most of the UL math before the term, from non-TESU schools.
After that, pre-learn Cal 3 + start some writing/research on my capstone.
Then.. will I do a single three month term with 16 credits  (see quoted post above). I know you generally don't recommend it, would you say the same if I can spare 1 or 2 extra days per week from work and two weeks off? Is it at least feasible?..
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 240 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,049 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 470 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 498 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,573 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 792 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM