Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oral comm requirement Tesu
(06-01-2019, 03:30 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Hey defcore,

Have u heard anything about UL classes not being counted as the same course number? My UL liberal studies classes transferred in as UL Tesu classes and the new catalog they r lower level numbered. I emailed my advisor and an waiting to hear back.. but I thought it was wierd the Tesu course #s we're different... In 2018 they cane in as comm 341 and 484. Now they are listed as comm 210 and 199. They were UL at csu fresno where I transferred them in from

I'm positive it's because Fresno State uses an odd course numbering system - so 1-199 is LL, and 100-199 is UL.  All you have to do is tell them this and they will fix it.

If you sent an official transcript, that will have the course numbering system on the last/back page, so you can refer them to that as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-01-2019, 05:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Have u heard anything about UL classes not being counted as the same course number? My UL liberal studies classes transferred in as UL Tesu classes and the new catalog they r lower level numbered. I emailed my advisor and an waiting to hear back.. but I thought it was wierd the Tesu course #s we're different... In 2018 they cane in as comm 341 and 484. Now they are listed as comm 210 and 199. They were UL at csu fresno where I transferred them in from

I'm positive it's because Fresno State uses an odd course numbering system - so 1-199 is LL, and 100-199 is UL.  All you have to do is tell them this and they will fix it.

If you sent an official transcript, that will have the course numbering system on the last/back page, so you can refer them to that as well.
Well he replied with a note on my evaluation, i can't see the note. However I replied back to him with a screen shot of the school site stating my classes transfer in as UL courses. 
This new evaluation and figuring out what I need to take is become a huge headache now  Undecided
(06-04-2019, 11:14 AM)Sb2013 Wrote:

Well he replied with a note on my evaluation, i can't see the note. However I replied back to him with a screen shot of the school site stating my classes transfer in as UL courses. 
This new evaluation and figuring out what I need to take is become a huge headache now  Undecided
Oops the note says the following..and then my advisors comment. 

There was a note placed at the bottom of your evaluation that explains why mcj 152 and mcj 172 aren't being used anymore. Please see the note from the registrar's office below.

Please note that students who re-enroll must meet the current
degree requirements.This includes the requirement that TESU equivalencies assigned to
transfer courses must match in course level (100-200=lower level;
300-400=upper level).  Equivalencies that were originally assigned at
an opposing level have been changed to meet this requirement.

Please provide the link to the website you are referencing. The changes to the equivalencies took place because you went inactive. If you would have remained active, you would have adhered to the policies in place when you applied to the University. 

(06-04-2019, 11:45 PM)Sb2013 Wrote:

There was a note placed at the bottom of your evaluation that explains why mcj 152 and mcj 172 aren't being used anymore. Please see the note from the registrar's office below.

degree requirements.This includes the requirement that TESU equivalencies assigned to

Please provide the link to the website you are referencing. The changes to the equivalencies took place because you went inactive. If you would have remained active, you would have adhered to the policies in place when you applied to the University. 

I still think there's a problem with how they're looking at the courses.  These are UL courses at Fresno State.  They were UL when you took them, and they should come in as UL.

You need to talk to a live person and explain that you're not asking what they used to come in as, you're saying that they ARE Upper Level courses.  Fresno uses an odd course numbering system, and TESU seems to be confused.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-05-2019, 05:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 11:45 PM)Sb2013 Wrote:

I still think there's a problem with how they're looking at the courses.  These are UL courses at Fresno State.  They were UL when you took them, and they should come in as UL.

You need to talk to a live person and explain that you're not asking what they used to come in as, you're saying that they ARE Upper Level courses.  Fresno uses an odd course numbering system, and TESU seems to be confused.

I agree, can I speak to anyone? Or does it have to be the advisor I've been speaking to? Registrar? I'm so frustrated right now that I put classes on hold trying to figure out what I need and what not. Idk why this is so difficult. 
I'm just now making a list as I go they the threads of UL classes and what ppl think etc. As well as dsst options. My getting a job depends on my degree being done in the fall. But I feel like my advisor was great and now is whatever...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,428 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia US History for PUG as a Social Science requirement faresayari 5 667 05-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: faresayari
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 895 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 719 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,202 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,935 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,539 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,060 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92