Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order of accounting classes at Study.com, skipping intermediate accounting.
Hello Everyone,

I am taking the following courses from Study.com
Personal Finance
Financial accounting
Intro to managerial accounting
Managerial accounting
International Management
Advanced accounting

I need the following courses for my degree plan, and I am currently time restrained because I am on the scholarship. My question is, if I take all 3 other accounting courses before I do advanced accounting, and brush up on other skills before my third month, is the advanced course doable?

I am planning on taking Straighterline, and Penn Foster for Intermediate accounting I and II. However, I was planning on signing up for those after the study.com because money is kind of tight right this moment. Has anyone done this ?
airricklee Wrote:I need the following courses for my degree plan, and I am currently time restrained because I am on the scholarship. My question is, if I take all 3 other accounting courses before I do advanced accounting, and brush up on other skills before my third month, is the advanced course doable? YES

I am planning on taking Straighterline, and Penn Foster for Intermediate accounting I and II. However, I was planning on signing up for those after the study.com because money is kind of tight right this moment. Has anyone done this ? Doable, Like I Mention Adavanced Accounting from Study.com is More of a Intermediate Acc than the SL Financial Accounting.

For Study.com purposes only, if you do there intro to financial accounting ACC 101 and then the advanced accounting you wont miss a beat. I take my final for Advanced Accounting tomorrow and I don't officially have the credit from Accounting I from my CC yet. It basically takes Accounting I and dives deeper into the concepts. Advanced Accounting should really be called Intermediate Accounting I or somewhere in that level, but hey I'm not going to complain about the UL credits.

As for courses I'd do them in this order:

Personal Finance
Financial Accounting
Advanced Accounting
Intro to Managerial Accounting
Applied Managerial Accounting
International Management

Advanced Accounting is mostly Financial Accounting stuff, there is no need to take a huge break between the two. Your better off jumping from one to the next. I finished all quizzes and got a 85 on the final project. I just need to wait till tomorrow to take the final and will only need a 25 to pass the course. If you need some pointers when you get to the project just drop me a PM
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:For Study.com purposes only, if you do there intro to financial accounting ACC 101 and then the advanced accounting you wont miss a beat. I take my final for Advanced Accounting tomorrow and I don't officially have the credit from Accounting I from my CC yet. It basically takes Accounting I and dives deeper into the concepts. Advanced Accounting should really be called Intermediate Accounting I or somewhere in that level, but hey I'm not going to complain about the UL credits.

As for courses I'd do them in this order:

Personal Finance
Financial Accounting
Advanced Accounting
Intro to Managerial Accounting
Applied Managerial Accounting
International Management

Advanced Accounting is mostly Financial Accounting stuff, there is no need to take a huge break between the two. Your better off jumping from one to the next. I finished all quizzes and got a 85 on the final project. I just need to wait till tomorrow to take the final and will only need a 25 to pass the course. If you need some pointers when you get to the project just drop me a PM

Synicaal, After I finish my degree... Im going to send you a christmas card every year for life. Lol. I will remember that. Im assuming since only a 25 is needed there was quizzes and other assignments or just more quizzes than the personal finance course?
There is 123 quizzes in total for Advanced Accounting, chances are with doing Personal Finance and Financial Accounting you will probably start with 10 or so already done, could be more I didn't do Financial Accounting from Study.com. If you get 100 on all the quizzes (which you better because you can retake them as many times you need) your at 33% for the course. There is 300 points total because this is a higher level class it's not the usual 150 total points. So here is your breakdown

100 - Quizzes ( A gimme)
100 - Final Project
100 - Proctored Final

You only need a total of 210 points for credit. So what I am looking at right now is

100 - Quizzes
85 - Final Project
= Needing 25 total points on the final. I feel I will breeze through the final as this wasn't a hard class nor a hard project. To do the project I created an outline while I went through the chapters. There is 3 main points to the project, make sure you focus and take good notes for the 3 points and the project should be easy. I think mine hit somewhere in the 1800word range and the project requires 1500-2000 I think. I will tell you more about the Applied Managerial Course as I complete that one, I think I will be starting that one next so I am not breaking up by accounting stuff and getting all done at once. Plus that International Management course scares the crap out of me lol. I think 4 case studies for 25 points each is a bit much, but after I get into the class and actually learn stuff on the topic I'm hoping it wont be so bad.

Side Note : Get Personal Finance Done ASAP as your exams for each month tie to the first two you take. So if your already say a week in when you take the first one you wont get to take your next one till a month from that date. So if you take your first two exams say 12/3 and 12/12 your next exams will be available 1/3 and 1/12 or possibly 1/2 and 1/11 because of the 31 days in December. So keep that in mind so you can optimize all the courses and get them all done.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:There is 123 quizzes in total for Advanced Accounting, chances are with doing Personal Finance and Financial Accounting you will probably start with 10 or so already done, could be more I didn't do Financial Accounting from Study.com. If you get 100 on all the quizzes (which you better because you can retake them as many times you need) your at 33% for the course. There is 300 points total because this is a higher level class it's not the usual 150 total points. So here is your breakdown

100 - Quizzes ( A gimme)
100 - Final Project
100 - Proctored Final

You only need a total of 210 points for credit. So what I am looking at right now is

100 - Quizzes
85 - Final Project
= Needing 25 total points on the final. I feel I will breeze through the final as this wasn't a hard class nor a hard project. To do the project I created an outline while I went through the chapters. There is 3 main points to the project, make sure you focus and take good notes for the 3 points and the project should be easy. I think mine hit somewhere in the 1800word range and the project requires 1500-2000 I think. I will tell you more about the Applied Managerial Course as I complete that one, I think I will be starting that one next so I am not breaking up by accounting stuff and getting all done at once. Plus that International Management course scares the crap out of me lol. I think 4 case studies for 25 points each is a bit much, but after I get into the class and actually learn stuff on the topic I'm hoping it wont be so bad.

Side Note : Get Personal Finance Done ASAP as your exams for each month tie to the first two you take. So if your already say a week in when you take the first one you wont get to take your next one till a month from that date. So if you take your first two exams say 12/3 and 12/12 your next exams will be available 1/3 and 1/12 or possibly 1/2 and 1/11 because of the 31 days in December. So keep that in mind so you can optimize all the courses and get them all done.

I will be finishing personal finance tonight. Im on chapter 8 of of 11. Say i finish both exams in one week, can i knock out the next two courses in the next week, then wait two more weeks just for the exam?
airricklee Wrote:I will be finishing personal finance tonight. Im on chapter 8 of of 11. Say i finish both exams in one week, can i knock out the next two courses in the next week, then wait two more weeks just for the exam?

Yep, I often have multiple courses opened and partially finished because I get bored going through 100 straight lessons from a subject I don't really care for. It helps me to stay focused and motivated when I switch around classes. You can finish all 6 courses as soon as you want and then just take the tests as they come available to you.

Also if you plan to take any CLEPS, you have access to the courses that are CLEP prep courses too and can use them to study while you have the subscription.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,480 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,960 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 361 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch