Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of State - Non-resident CC Tuition
Good morning! Big Grin
I found some online prereqs for my science courses at Colorado Northwestern. However I live in CA, so the tuition is non-resident. It's $4,000 for 2 classes at a total of 9 units. Even with federal aid that's insane.

I am trying to find California schools with online science, but the pickings are slim. What I do seem to find, doesn't seem to be what I need at all: https://cvc.edu/courses/?q=biology&order...%5D=summer

Any thoughts on how I can either decrease the cost for out of state, or find an online class in California?

I need a General Biology I class that can be used as a prereq to other higher-tier science classes such as A&P, and Chem.
Thanks!

EDIT: I should add that while NMJC and several others offer online courses, none have mid-term starts or half/accelerated. I'd have to wait until summer session to begin. That puts my timeline 4+ months behind. I'm not ready to accept that waiting is my only option yet.
You could see if they have it: https://online.uark.edu/self-paced/

Maybe Rio Salado College.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Cheeseburrito
(02-16-2018, 12:25 PM)Ideas Wrote: You could see if they have it: https://online.uark.edu/self-paced/

Maybe Rio Salado College.

Ugh, this is the issue with information overload. I completely forgot about Rio Salado. They seem to be the best option out of the gate for me. Thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheeseburrito's post:
  • Ideas
(02-16-2018, 12:09 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Good morning! Big Grin
I found some online prereqs for my science courses at Colorado Northwestern. However I live in CA, so the tuition is non-resident. It's $4,000 for 2 classes at a total of 9 units. Even with federal aid that's insane.

The good news for CA students who need LL requirements is that CC's are extremely cheap for in-state tuition ($46/cr).  The bad news is that there aren't a ton of options available for online, nor is anyone that I know of flexible in their scheduling.  For something like Bio I, which is either 4 or 5cr, you're looking at a full semester - even summer is difficult to find, and then it's going to be 4-6 hours a day.  All butt-in-seat.  Sorry.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Have you checked if NMJC, Luna, Clovis and a few other New Mexico colleges offer a good deal for 12 credits or so per semester. I think they have both 8 and 16 week course length options. And they are all done entirely online.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
https://extension.berkeley.edu/

Also- they have a postbac health program which is GOOD because you can get letters of rec from science teachers. Not sure where you're located, but if in-person isn't an option, this list is their online offering:

Cell Biology
Current Topics in the Biosciences
Exercise Physiology
General Human Anatomy
Genetics
Hematology
Immunology
Introduction to Human Physiology
Introductory Biochemistry
Introductory Biology With Lab, Part A
Introductory Biology With Lab, Part B
Medical Microbiology
Pathophysiology
Pharmacology
Concepts of Physics
Introduction to Chemistry
Introductory Organic Chemistry
Concepts of Physics
Genetics
Hematology
Immunology
Introduction to Human Physiology
Medical Microbiology
Pharmacology
Clinical Trial Implementation: Site Initiation, Subject Recruitment, Monitoring and Safety Reporting
Clinical Trial Planning: Protocol Development, Data Management and Clinical Site Activities
Clinical Trial: Data Analysis, Regulatory Audits, Vendor Selection and Project Management
Introduction to Clinical Research: Clinical Trial Phases and Design

Post-bac https://extension.berkeley.edu/public/ca...teId=17177
Excellent post-bacc but, unfortunately, they don't offer online/virtual labs like UNE
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) has an on demand program with a wide variety of classes, including science. I think the cost is high for a CC, $170/ credit plus fees, but I don't think they charge out of state tuition for the on demand program. https://KCTCS.edu/degrees_training/KCTCS...index.aspx
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(02-17-2018, 01:09 PM)Nightmoves5 Wrote: Excellent post-bacc but, unfortunately, they don't offer online/virtual labs like UNE

their formal postbac is IN PERSON but the entire list I posted in the same post are their ONLINE SCIENCE courses - with/without lab varies. I did my postbac as a DIY but there are certainly advantages to doing one formally if a person lives near a facility. (can you say REAL human cadaver?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,557 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 289 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Arizona State University looking to purchase FIDM bjcheung77 7 801 08-24-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: inf
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,123 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  PASSHE Freeze tuition for the fifth year in a row Vle045 7 748 08-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  IIE spring snapshot highlights US return to “pre-pandemic state” bjcheung77 0 274 07-14-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 370 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Northwest Florida State College - Low Online Tuition smartdegree 8 1,299 04-17-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77