Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Outlier : Associate (GGU) or Credit Course (Uni Pittsburgh)
Hi

I wanted to get some guidance, what would you choose out of these both

Associate from Golden Gate University GGU > 60 Credits    < University surrounded by many IT / Tech Companies in San Francisco 

OR

Do Courses worth 60 Credits and get a Credit Transcript from Uni of Pittsburgh (well ranked institution) 

In both cases, i would have to transfer to another University for BSc.

Should i assume, that Uni Of Pittsburgh having a better ranking, may open more doors to continue completing upto BSc degree with TOP 100 Universities ?
OR
Having an Associate Degree from GGU has a better chance too.

My Target is to try completing my BSc from at-least Universities that are Ranking in TOP 100, or worst case TOP 300.

P.S > If you know any other Good Alternative beside Outlier option (GGU & Uni of Pittsburgh) < Please do share.
I am still waiting also on Coursera to launch this https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-com...admissions   
Or no idea if it is just a Page Holder Section....

Any other good options available...  Please do share..
[-] The following 1 user Likes tuckerarabi786's post:
  • Arto
Get an associate at GGU. That'll be helpful.
You can get credits listed on Univ. of Pitts transcript but that doesn't mean you're a student at Univ. of Pitts.
(10-15-2022, 06:06 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Get an associate at GGU. That'll be helpful.
You can get credits listed on Univ. of Pitts transcript but that doesn't mean you're a student at Univ. of Pitts.

And does Outlier still award Pitt credit under different course numbers, ones Pitt doesn’t actually teach?

Anyways, a degree from a respectable place should have more value than an amalgamation of credits from a ranked school you never actually were admitted to?
The only thing that matters when talking about rankings is where you graduate from. So if you take 119cr from U of Pittsburg but don't graduate, you may as well have zero. If you have a gazillion credits from them, and then transfer to another school like TESU to complete your degree, you don't get to say "but a bunch of credits came from XYZ school." Does not matter. Nobody cares.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Arto, davewill, ss20ts, Vle045
@tuckerarabi786, in addition to what was mentioned, the associates degree isn't looked at once you get to the master's level, it's like asking someone starting high school, which preschool they went to... You need to systematically get things done in orderly fashion, undergrad then grad, pronto!

Advice and guidance are what we're here for... It seems you're going in multiple directions, so you need an action plan.  You want to get the best of everything, cheap, easy, fast and with the most ROI/Value by laddering the Associates > Bachelors > Masters of your choice.  What are you trying to do now? It seems we're focusing on the beginning when you were already focused on the end result, the Masters in a previous thread...

Again, to keep things short, I'm going to copy/paste my post from here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378162
"You really need to have your options open, I would suggest listing yourself 3 top choices and have 3 backup options just in case something happens or if the application you have isn't strong enough. Make sure to "hit" all the requirements for each of them if not more..."

My suggestion, get the TESU Double Degree (BACS/BSBA CIS), then go for your top 3 Masters from EdX and top 3 Masters from Coursera.  One of these are from an Ivy League school, most of the top 3 choices are from Top 25-50 schools in the nation.  So don't stall on looking at which "associates" will look better on your resume, you'll be omitting that altogether, it's the Bachelors/Masters that will count...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ideal pathway looks like:

GGU Associate -> TESU BA Computer Science or WGU BS IT -> Edx Master + WorldQuant University Master
Some Nice Advises.
I am noting all down..
As my plan is to start whatever route i decide by Jan'23..

I like this route also GGU Associate --> TESU... But instead of TESU.. Can you suggest any other university probably in Top 100, that may accept GGU Associate?

WorldQuant is good, but they are offering Masters in Financial Engineering. Long back i had plans to do it.. But i am actually changing my career path also to IT / Tech / Cloud related..

And my reason for Bachelors is also for Immigration + Better Profile (if having degree from a TOP 100 or 300 University)

Why i am more inclined towards GGU also, as the campus is surrounded by many Tech companies, so employment options do open.. However, i am also finding out any better options i can come up with by end of Oct '22
(10-15-2022, 09:59 PM)tuckerarabi786 Wrote: I like this route also GGU Associate --> TESU... But instead of TESU.. Can you suggest any other university probably in Top 100, that may accept GGU Associate?

Any 'state universities' are likely going to accept credits from GGU.
State universities have much higher chances of accepting transfer credits than private universities.
If your plan is transferring to another university, then stick with state universities... otherwise your credits may not transfer well.
I'd recommend trying out any of top 100 - 350 'state universities'.
(10-15-2022, 09:59 PM)tuckerarabi786 Wrote: Some Nice Advises.
I am noting all down..
As my plan is to start whatever route i decide by Jan'23..

I like this route also GGU Associate --> TESU... But instead of TESU.. Can you suggest any other university probably in Top 100, that may accept GGU Associate?

What kind of bachelor's major are you looking for? 

And what will you be prioritizing: speed, price, flexibility, etc? Does is have to be online?

One option would be ASU which, US News is ranked #121 nationally, #56 for public, #33 for undergrad engineering. Their online offerings are pretty good and you can earn your way in to admittance through the ASU ULC courses which are now actually cheaper the Outlier/GGU/Degree+.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
The Outlier+GGU is too expensive, I'm not sure why you'd do that? None of it makes any sense to me. NOTE: You do NOT need an Associates degree to continue on to a bachelor's degree anywhere. So there is no point in doing it. In 99% of cases, it does not transfer as a whole, meaning even if it transfers, they are going to break it down and look at each credit individually.

Again, there is no point in doing an associates unless you really, really want it. If your plan is to continue on somewhere to get a bachelor's degree, you are MUCH better off just getting that bachelor's degree right off the bat.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 399 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  One Credit Search Is a NIGHTMARE writergirlLA 6 1,039 01-24-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: NEden1998
  What are the steps to transfer Arizona University credit to Pierpont Avidreader 21 1,669 01-19-2024, 04:54 PM
  Pierpont credit for certification? maebak2skl 8 532 01-19-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: maebak2skl
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 1,394 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
  Any other Associate Degrees online besides Pierpont? mohelena02 19 3,555 08-31-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Pierpont RA credit requirement Carnation 15 1,514 06-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Can I get a Pierpont associate degree entirely from Sophia courses? whiverem 42 3,871 06-11-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Outlier Launches Associate Degrees harrypotter 32 4,047 10-14-2022, 06:04 PM