Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 250 quarter units and NO DEGREE
(02-13-2018, 09:37 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: I completed the Institute's ethics course and sent it over to TESU. Looks like they marked it as an upper division course and not for the ethics requirement. Anyone else have this issue?

Because it comes in as an UL Business course, they will put it in the BSBA AOS if there's room for it. As JSD said, just ask them to move it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-13-2018, 10:45 AM)davewill Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 09:37 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: I completed the Institute's ethics course and sent it over to TESU. Looks like they marked it as an upper division course and not for the ethics requirement. Anyone else have this issue?

Because it comes in as an UL Business course, they will put it in the BSBA AOS if there's room for it. As JSD said, just ask them to move it.

Done! Thanks. I am actually really hoping that COSC sends my eval soon. From what my advisor stated, I may be able to finish up in June versus later in the year with TESU.

The waiting is nerve-racking. I have outstanding transcript with one class pending from a local community college.
I have waited up until the late add deadline for TESU for COSC to complete my eval with no progress. Looks like TESU it is. I absolutely hate that I spent so much money applying and sending over transcripts, plus now I have to pay the late fee with TESU. Supposedly COSC would have afforded me the opportunity to graduate sooner which is key. I have totally screwed myself and my desire/need to graduate by the summer.

I am hoping they still issue the graduation certification letters mentioned in this thread.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...completion

Thanks again for all your help.
It won't come up again, of course, but you could have avoided the late fee by going ahead and registering for the class. You can withdraw anytime before the first day of the term for a full refund.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/C...efunds.cfm
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks for the info. Lesson learned.
I started Straighterline English Comp II last night after giving up that TESU would accept any of the courses I have completed for the requirement. Low and behold, I check my eval today and notice that my Advanced Placement scores from high school fit English Comp 2. While I am elated, I wish I would have found this out before paying for the Straighterline course. LOL

I am over 75% through and have completed all quizzes and three essays so far since last night!! Info Lit and Oral Com are the only courses minus the capstone still outstanding. The Oral Com course I completed via study.com was entered as Com 290 and placed in the under liberal studies. I will request they move it, but I read on here that they do not accept that class any longer for a GE.

Maybe I can request they transfer my straighterline enrollment to a different course that will count towards something.
(02-26-2018, 07:17 PM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: I started Straighterline English Comp II last night after giving up that TESU would accept any of the courses I have completed for the requirement. Low and behold, I check my eval today and notice that my Advanced Placement scores from high school fit English Comp 2. While I am elated, I wish I would have found this out before paying for the Straighterline course. LOL  

I am over 75% through and have completed all quizzes and three essays so far since last night!! Info Lit and Oral Com are the only courses minus the capstone still outstanding.  The Oral Com course I completed via study.com was entered as Com 290 and placed in the under liberal studies. I will request they move it, but I read on here that they do not accept that class any longer for a GE.  

Maybe I can request they transfer my straighterline enrollment to a different course that will count towards something.

Yes, SL is usually pretty good at understanding these things, and will switch you to a different course for free (or even a refund since the English Comp course is more expensive.

I had heard that they did not accept some of the Study.com courses that should fit the Oral Comm requirement as fitting there, but would fit other Gen Ed's.  I would call TESU and ask why the course isn't considered Oral Comm, and report back here to tell us what they say.  Also, let us know which course you took there, that would be really helpful in trying to figure out what the problem is.  Study.com is probably anxious to hear as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I completed Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace. Merlin suggested I give them a call as well. I will keep you all posted on my findings. 

I have been working myself silly trying to finish up my online classes specifically for the BA and the other courses required for a Certification I am working on at the same time. I completed the Modern States course in Lit and received my voucher, but if I have to take a SL class since I paid for it, I might just ask to be moved to World Religions.

I wouldn't need the Modern States voucher, but I can keep it as a backup. I also have the study.com scholarship and can take two additional exams in three days.

If necessary, I will take another communications course through study.com so at least I am not out of any additional money.

Only three classes left for my DOJ Crime Analyst Certification and the capstone for my Bachelors!! I'm starting to get excited.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fingerscrossedx2's post:
  • dfrecore
TESU moved the study.com com 120 to cover the gen Ed requirement. Plus, SL updated my registration and moved me World Religions which I plan to finish tonight. I'm only left with the capstone!
(02-28-2018, 08:31 PM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: TESU moved the study.com com 120 to cover the gen Ed requirement. Plus, SL updated my registration and moved me World Religions which I plan to finish tonight.  I'm only left with the capstone!

Great news! and congrats! Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,224 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,871 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,356 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,681 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,888 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,784 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,024 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,337 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,695 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero