Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PENN FOSTER -Information Literacy (1 Credit)
I thought this thread had the last word on the Penn Foster minimum requirement. Seems if you can be persuasive enough, they may waive it.

Try begging. Confusedmilelol:

Keep us posted!

Edit: ENG 103 Information Literacy is on page 61 of the Penn Foster Catalog.
DSH2007 Wrote:I thought this thread had the last word on the Penn Foster minimum requirement. Seems if you can be persuasive enough, they may waive it.

Try begging. Confusedmilelol:

Keep us posted!

Okay I feel stupid now! :leaving: I posted in that thread about this already! :o Sorry! I have that link for LSU because I think that's what I'm going to do if I go with EC! Thanks for bringing that post up!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
I plan on begging myself towards the end of summer. Right now I am in the midst of wrapping up an AS at my B&M. Then it's on to EC (most likely)!
DSH2007 Wrote:I plan on begging myself towards the end of summer. Right now I am in the midst of wrapping up an AS at my B&M. Then it's on to EC (most likely)!

Good luck with that! You'll probably be asking before I would so let us know what they say. I am probably going to do LSU, but if there's a chance PF would let me do it by itself, then maybe I'll look into. Because I think it is cheaper than LSU unless the price goes up! Wink I'm still not 100% sure what all I'm doing yet, so I might not even need it if I don't go to EC! Thanks again!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac Wrote:Good luck with that! You'll probably be asking before I would so let us know what they say. I am probably going to do LSU, but if there's a chance PF would let me do it by itself, then maybe I'll look into. Because I think it is cheaper than LSU unless the price goes up! Wink I'm still not 100% sure what all I'm doing yet, so I might not even need it if I don't go to EC! Thanks again!

Penn Foster was looking good until I found this thread. And since I need to take Cost Accounting at LSU, I might as well take the Information Literacy course there as well.
Has anyone taken the PFC Info Lit (Eng 103) lately?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I took it in March and it was fairly easy with no proctor. I finished in a day. They now offer it as an individual course that you can signup for and take online without going through a PF advisor. So you can signup online, take it and be done in a matter of hours for $105.
just signed up for it - $70 bucks, lets see how fast i finish it
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
I just wanted to update that as of today 1/3/2013 (yes, this is my first post but I've been researching like crazy and thought it could be useful to someone else) Penn Foster Information Literacy is $85, and per Greg in admissions is still accepted by Excelsior. That's a $305 savings!

ETA: Here's the link to individual courses, and you can pay online. http://www.pennfostercollege.edu/cat-courses.html
HI kusum,
r u sure it is still accepted by excelsier? I just emailed my advisor and she told me they no longer accept penn foster. please let me know if your advisor approved, so i can contact her and talk. i need this and could not find cheaper.

kissum Wrote:I just wanted to update that as of today 1/3/2013 (yes, this is my first post but I've been researching like crazy and thought it could be useful to someone else) Penn Foster Information Literacy is $85, and per Greg in admissions is still accepted by Excelsior. That's a $305 savings!

ETA: Here's the link to individual courses, and you can pay online. Individual College Courses - Penn Foster College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,011 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,925 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 728 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 479 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 513 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,546 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 331 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks