Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PF Proctored Final
Does PF still require an in-person proctor for their proctored finals? Or is it now online? I might end up having to take PF for Intermediate Accounting II.

I might take Financial Managment with them too just because I like their layout for Strategic Management, and I heard the finance course was similar.
Great question I am interesting in this answer too. I am taking Financial Management and I love it! But I am not sure about the final for Managerial Accounting, I will be starting that course in a week. Hopefully we can get some help on this.
I recently took an online proctored exam for a Penn Foster course. See my post here: http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...octor.html

Clicking on "take exam" for the final exam led to information about opting-in for the online option.
When I had read this I thought that all of the PF courses now had online proctored finals. Not the case. Some classes do, some don't. I guess they are in the process of switching over?? For Intermediate Accounting II, which is the only class I am taking through them, you need an in person proctor. You'd have to ask about other courses. They do have less stringent proctor requirements though. Just someone with an associates degree that is not a friend, not family, doesn't live with you, and is not your superior.
I'm glad to see they are switching over to online proctoring. Have you guys taken any courses via SL or Study, and if so, how does the difficulty level of PF compare?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Let me know how the Intermediate Accounting II class from PF goes. I'm taking my Intermediate Accounting II course from Oakton CC, if I don't manage to get through it I will be trying the PF route myself. It's a challenging class so far but doable.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
rowan555 Wrote:I'm glad to see they are switching over to online proctoring. Have you guys taken any courses via SL or Study, and if so, how does the difficulty level of PF compare?

I have had courses through all three of these sources that you mention. I would say that the difficulty level with PF is similar to that of the other sources, but it varies with the course. Some of the courses require additional research papers, while some only have multiple choice quizzes and a final. Generally you may retake quizzes/exams once if necessary. Some of the courses requiring proctored exams may be a little challenging because of the time constraint (usually one hour), but they are typically open book. Often, if you do well in the course, you do not have to do exceptionally well on the final anyway. I was able to make As in the courses that I took. PF is a more expensive option, but it is a good option, especially for something that is difficult to find elsewhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 334 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 806 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,623 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 717 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,257 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 857 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 622 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC - English 205: English Composition II - Can I take final exam first? Titan_s 4 963 12-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sb2013
  SDC Final Exam JTPhoneHome 3 719 11-14-2022, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77