Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLA/Electives at Pierpont for BOG AAS
(09-04-2021, 07:23 PM)xicovu Wrote: I made one quite a ways back for the computer science I believe. I've done one for Charter Oaks in the past. Only ACE credit is TEEX.

Excelsior is an option I'm thinking about because it might be easy to park credits in that degree. The most important thing I need to figure out is what I can likely PLA and the general format. I plan on doing the PLA's as I go along in the technical courses I have to do for the degree.

This BOG AAS appeals to me because it seems to have less extra work for me to do and they sound more willing to take non-college learning.

An AAS + Electronics Technician Cert is for all purposes just going to be viewed as an A.A.S in Electronics Technology.
Mmm I see. I know with both schools you're going to have to take their portfolio course for TESU it's PLA 200 (PLA 100 isn't mandatory but it's useful) and Excelsior's CCS 202 and Information Literacy courses. The process is for each school is very different TESU does the everything in-house whereas Excelsior uses LearningCounts.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(09-04-2021, 07:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
xicovu Wrote:Thanks for that I just went to check and luckily they do cover PLA or tests for credit. I'm trying to figure out if Sophia and the like would be covered too:

What Degrees or Education Programs Are Eligible?
All education programs must be related to the employee’s current job or an established career path within
Advocate Aurora Health. All coursework must result in academic credit.
Educational programs that are covered include:
 Undergraduate Degree Programs (Associate’s, Bachelor’s)
 Graduate Degree Programs (Master’s, Doctorate, PhD)
 Individual Courses
 Certificate Programs
 Certification Courses and Certification Exams
Prior Learning Assessments and Challenge Exams are covered if credits are achieved. When applying, please
select the intended provider, where your credits will be applied toward your degree

If Pierpoint or TESU or Charter Oak can't be used in such a way to get me PLA credit for the electronics coursework I'm doing outside of a proper degree its not worth it to me and I'd just stick with an associates from Purdue University Global because I've already go 30+ credits there and can use work experience for credit pretty easy.

I would much much much prefer a degree that say Electronics/Electrical/Computer Technology or something technical instead of a professional studies degree though. Employers judge your resume in less then a minute and those words would catch better.
My big issue with college has been it is not worth my time to work on coursework that doesn't make me better at my job immediately. If I need to learn something I can. I can't if I'm doing college courses, especially if it is traditional.

That's a good plan... I would go along with the PLA's and anything that is offered as reimbursement from your list above.  Since PLA's part of that list, go for it, while you're getting those certifications, document everything along the way.  As long as it's covered, you'll be banking those credits as you go!

I really feel drawn to using BOG AAS for some reason; In our state we have a similar deal where if you get a trade cert you can get an AAS. The bigger question is if and when I go for a Bachelors, what is the best place to put them? Excelsior Technical Managemet seems like a good bet. Thoughts?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 290 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 150 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 531 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 936 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 739 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 802 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 692 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,099 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,764 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares