Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Everyone who used Avon's code for Sophia
Sophia's Avon free month will not let you buy a regular subscription to lock in the $79 price. You have to let it expire on time before you can buy a month. Which means if you're not currently on auto-renew you're stuck with the more expensive subscription that's starting tomorrow. Sad

Or at least, this is what Joshua at Sophia chat told me. 

Just thought everyone who used the code should be aware.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bdarei's post:
  • katsiki
Interesting turn of events, couldn't you chat/email Sophia.org and get them to "cancel" your Avon subscription so you can sign up for the $79/monthly subscription instead? If you're going to be using more than 3 months, then this would be the better option at $79/month. If you're using 4 months and more, then the $299/4 months would be cheaper.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-29-2022, 10:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting turn of events, couldn't you chat/email Sophia.org and get them to "cancel" your Avon subscription so you can sign up for the $79/monthly subscription instead?  If you're going to be using more than 3 months, then this would be the better option at $79/month.  If you're using 4 months and more, then the $299/4 months would be cheaper.

This is a Good offer if you are taking English composition 2 and other course that depends on touchstones.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(03-29-2022, 10:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting turn of events, couldn't you chat/email Sophia.org and get them to "cancel" your Avon subscription so you can sign up for the $79/monthly subscription instead?  If you're going to be using more than 3 months, then this would be the better option at $79/month.  If you're using 4 months and more, then the $299/4 months would be cheaper.

I didn't ask outright if they could cancel my subscription right then and there, but he did say that I have to let my subscription expire before I could buy a subscription.

I'm kind of wondering if it's related to the code being Avon's. At first he told me I could access the membership part of the profile even after I told him I had a free month, and it was only after I told him it was from Avon that he told me I had to wait for the free month to end before I could even access billing.

And I've already completed about 30 credits, so I'll probably just need another month to get enough for Pierpont.

(03-29-2022, 02:03 PM)gams007 Wrote: This is a Good offer if you are taking English composition 2 and other course that depends on touchstones.

I was thinking about trying to do some of the other courses with touchstones, but I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks for my final Economic Future touchstone to be graded. I think I'd run out of courses to take while I'd be waiting for the touchstones to be graded, which isn't really worth it to me. I'll probably just take the English Comp CLEP instead.
You can ask to add another course if you are just waiting on grading.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(03-30-2022, 07:13 PM)bdarei Wrote:

I didn't ask outright if they could cancel my subscription right then and there, but he did say that I have to let my subscription expire before I could buy a subscription.

I'm kind of wondering if it's related to the code being Avon's. At first he told me I could access the membership part of the profile even after I told him I had a free month, and it was only after I told him it was from Avon that he told me I had to wait for the free month to end before I could even access billing.

And I've already completed about 30 credits, so I'll probably just need another month to get enough for Pierpont.

(03-29-2022, 02:03 PM)gams007 Wrote: This is a Good offer if you are taking English composition 2 and other course that depends on touchstones.

I was thinking about trying to do some of the other courses with touchstones, but I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks for my final Economic Future touchstone to be graded. I think I'd run out of courses to take while I'd be waiting for the touchstones to be graded, which isn't really worth it to me. I'll probably just take the English Comp CLEP instead.
I hate that we are paying for this courses and today the higher the monthly subscription at SDC all my assignment are graded in 2 days the work very fast.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(03-30-2022, 08:07 PM)Vle045 Wrote: You can ask to add another course if you are just waiting on grading.

Sorry, I don't think I wrote that right: I'm not waiting on both courses to finish grading. Right now I'm just using 1 slot for touchstone courses and the other slot for everything else. I've already completed about 30 credits with Sophia, and I don't really think it'll take more than a month or 2 at most to finish everything else I'm interested in.

I'm staying away from all the courses with more than 2 touchstones because at one point I was waiting on grading for the final touchstone for 1 course and the first touchstone for another course, and when I asked for another course to be added I was told they usually only add an extra course if it's the final touchstone I'm waiting on, not the first ones. Whoever I chatted with still gave me an extra course, but he told me it was this time only. I think this chat person was also named Joshua, not sure if it was the same guy who basically told me I was out of luck for the $79 membership.

On the other hand, shortly after I first joined Sophia, I was waiting on a touchstone for 1 course and had another course that I just didn't feel like working on at the moment, and I chatted with Juan who added another course no problem.

If I have extra time after I hit my goal, maybe I'll try 2 touchstone courses at once and see if they'll let me add another course, but so far this method isn't slowing me down.

(03-30-2022, 08:31 PM)gams007 Wrote: I hate that we are paying for this courses and today the higher the monthly subscription at SDC all my assignment are graded in 2 days the work very fast.

To be fair, this is the longest wait I've had for a touchstone to be graded. The other ones, except for the first Economic Futures touchstone (which took a week), were usually only a couple days. My Communication at Work touchstone was the quickest, it was graded within 12 hours. It just might be that Economic Futures is slow to grade.
(03-30-2022, 08:55 PM)bdarei Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 08:07 PM)Vle045 Wrote: You can ask to add another course if you are just waiting on grading.

Sorry, I don't think I wrote that right: I'm not waiting on both courses to finish grading. Right now I'm just using 1 slot for touchstone courses and the other slot for everything else. I've already completed about 30 credits with Sophia, and I don't really think it'll take more than a month or 2 at most to finish everything else I'm interested in.

I'm staying away from all the courses with more than 2 touchstones because at one point I was waiting on grading for the final touchstone for 1 course and the first touchstone for another course, and when I asked for another course to be added I was told they usually only add an extra course if it's the final touchstone I'm waiting on, not the first ones. Whoever I chatted with still gave me an extra course, but he told me it was this time only. I think this chat person was also named Joshua, not sure if it was the same guy who basically told me I was out of luck for the $79 membership.

On the other hand, shortly after I first joined Sophia, I was waiting on a touchstone for 1 course and had another course that I just didn't feel like working on at the moment, and I chatted with Juan who added another course no problem.

If I have extra time after I hit my goal, maybe I'll try 2 touchstone courses at once and see if they'll let me add another course, but so far this method isn't slowing me down.

(03-30-2022, 08:31 PM)gams007 Wrote: I hate that we are paying for this courses and today the higher the monthly subscription at SDC all my assignment are graded in 2 days the work very fast.

To be fair, this is the longest wait I've had for a touchstone to be graded. The other ones, except for the first Economic Futures touchstone (which took a week), were usually only a couple days. My Communication at Work touchstone was the quickest, it was graded within 12 hours. It just might be that Economic Futures is slow to grade.
Hey, sorry for the necro bump but I tried this approach and it no longer works. It just gives a coupon for 10% off now. Wonolo is another Perkspot affiliate that gives the same code. 

I'm a TESU student and Saylor does have several free courses, but I'm going to go the Coursera route for now. I got a full ride for the IBM cybersecurity professional certificate and then there's the American Dream Academy site that gives you another one for free. That should cover probably 9 UL alone. Saylor has a few required math courses that I plan on taking (statistics and calculus) really cheap. The rest I'm using my Amazon career choice benefit to cover and am taking through TESU.  Cool
TCC - AAS in Information Technology 2015
TCC - AAS in IT, Website Management 2015
Coursera - IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Certificate, April 2023
TESU - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (114 out of 120 credit hours)
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 358 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,447 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,322 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 656 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 938 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 890 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 360 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle