Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paging FORUM - Need Help With Understanding the Physical & Natural World
Hello All,

Well I failed my A & I Lit CLEP today with a 48 Sad , way to many poems on my test and I am terrible at poems. That was what I was worried about with this exam. So I am going to be taking College Math CLEP to finish out my Gen Ed Credits and picking up the Info Lit Credits from somewhere(help is need on this also). My main question in this thread is I need 6 credits in Understanding the Physical & Natural World and not sure where to get them. I am not going to do the Bio CLEP anymore as I am moving College Math in its place. So I am looking for the 2 easiest/quickest courses that will fit into Understanding the Physical & Natural World. I can do one from study.com and one from SL not an issue. If I take one course from Study.com I may as well take two and I do plan on that. So please help with these three things

Information Lit Credits (3)
Understanding the Physical & Natural World Credits (6)

TECEPs are not completely out of the question to fill these areas either. Thanks!

Thanks!

I am now 9 credits behind my scheduled plan and losing some motivation!! I plan on going very hard in April. Going to use the rest of March to probably Study up for Strategic Management TECEP and refresh on College Math CLEP.

Side note which TEEX course will go into Gen Ed
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Don't lose hope! You have accomplished so much already. You could very easily finish these requirements from Straighterline.

Information Lit Credits (3)- Straighterline Intro to World Religions - REL-277

Understanding the Physical & Natural World Credits (6): Pick two from
Environmental Science - ENS-200
The Science of Nutrition - BIO-208
Computer Concepts and Applications - CIS-107 (edit: wait, this duplicates what you have)
or any of the Science I (Bio, Chem, Physics) courses (you don't need a lab).

If you prefer to use Study.com, you could take:
Information Lit Credits (3)- REL-277 : Intro to World Religions

Understanding the Physical & Natural World Credits (6): Pick two from
Earth Science 101: Earth Science EAS-101 : General Earth Science
Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity ENS-201 : Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet
Nutrition 101: Science of Nutrition BIO-208 : The Science of Nutrition
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications CIS-102 : Intro to Computer Info Systems

The TEEX course that goes into Gen Ed/ Understanding the Physical and Natural World is Cyber 301, which counts as CIS-344 for 2 hours.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Well I failed my A & I Lit CLEP today with a 48 Sad , way to many poems on my test and I am terrible at poems. That was what I was worried about with this exam. So I am going to be taking College Math CLEP to finish out my Gen Ed Credits and picking up the Info Lit Credits from somewhere(help is need on this also). My main question in this thread is I need 6 credits in Understanding the Physical & Natural World and not sure where to get them. I am not going to do the Bio CLEP anymore as I am moving College Math in its place. So I am looking for the 2 easiest/quickest courses that will fit into Understanding the Physical & Natural World. I can do one from study.com and one from SL not an issue. If I take one course from Study.com I may as well take two and I do plan on that. So please help with these three things

Information Lit Credits (3)
Understanding the Physical & Natural World Credits (6)

TECEPs are not completely out of the question to fill these areas either. Thanks!

Thanks!

I am now 9 credits behind my scheduled plan and losing some motivation!! I plan on going very hard in April. Going to use the rest of March to probably Study up for Strategic Management TECEP and refresh on College Math CLEP.

Side note which TEEX course will go into Gen Ed

What did the Computer Concepts and Apps course transfer into TESU as? You may be able to take both Study.com computer courses to fill your Science stuff. There is a lot of overlap in them and they are very straightforward.
A&I Lit is also available at Study.com - it's new, and I haven't gotten verification that it's LIT-291 (but I'm sure it is), so you should get that pre-approved.

I know it's only 3cr which is a bummer, but I'm suggesting it since you already studied for the exam - it would probably be very easy for you to take the course and pass quickly.

While you are using Study.com, you can sign up for (but not test out of) College Math there and use it as your studying for the CLEP exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Bummer, but you still got this thing!

You need 4-7 cr, not 6, in Understanding the Physical & Natural World, so TEEX's 2 cr Cyber 301 can go in there, and then you could make up for it in gen ed electives (possibly with that recent free Sofia course?? I forget how that transfers in). One option I did for the other 3 cr is Saylor's Intro Molecular Bio; you could at least take the (free) practice test to help you decide its level of difficulty.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Thanks all for the good words and help!

@keepsingin - I am aiming for 6 due to a course not transferring the way I planed so may as well just do 6 under this category.

@ndelcollo - It came in as CIS-107, thought about that route myself but it won't work.

@KayV - Thanks for that breakdown, that gives me some options.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:Thanks all for the good words and help!

@keepsingin - I am aiming for 6 due to a course not transferring the way I planed so may as well just do 6 under this category.

@ndelcollo - It came in as CIS-107, thought about that route myself but it won't work.

@KayV - Thanks for that breakdown, that gives me some options.

KayV or dfrecore can verify this better than I can, but if your current course is CIS-107, then you should be able to take both computer courses. They come in as CIS-102 and COS-101. I have them in my evaluation so those course codes are recent and confirmed.
ndelcollo Wrote:KayV or dfrecore can verify this better than I can, but if your current course is CIS-107, then you should be able to take both computer courses. They come in as CIS-102 and COS-101. I have them in my evaluation so those course codes are recent and confirmed.

Ndelcollo, This is amazing I had no idea study.com even had CIS type courses lol. Where did CIS-102 and COS-101 come in for you. I would love to confirm they will both satisfy the Understanding the Physical and Natural World area. If this is the case I will do what I have to , to get the money to sign up asap. I can probably complete those courses in a few days max. And FYI I finally used ProctorU for my Intermediate Accounting II midterm and I do not like ProctorU, so I am planning on using Study.com for as much as I can for the courses I still need. So I will probably try and complete CIS-102, COS-101, ENC-102, COM-209 and possibly World Religions if I have time/money to get it all done in one month. 410 for 15credits and one month will more then put me back on track and I think with two computer courses in there I would have no problem getting it all done.

Once again need someone to confirm how COS-101 and CIS-102 will come in. I will shoot a quick e-mail to TESU and ask them to "approve" them for Understanding the Physical and Natural World before I sign up.

Those CIS/COS courses are confirmed with those course equivalencies at TESU. And they both will come in as CompSci courses under Physical/Natural World. The only thing for you to check is to make sure they don't duplicate the computer course you already have taken.

If you are an enrolled student at TESU, I would definitely get those pre approved. Just to make sure. I think that they should duplicate each other, because they're modeled on the CLEP and DSST exams, which duplicate each other. But, if TESU will let them not duplicate, great.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Those CIS/COS courses are confirmed with those course equivalencies at TESU. And they both will come in as CompSci courses under Physical/Natural World. The only thing for you to check is to make sure they don't duplicate the computer course you already have taken.

If you are an enrolled student at TESU, I would definitely get those pre approved. Just to make sure. I think that they should duplicate each other, because they're modeled on the CLEP and DSST exams, which duplicate each other. But, if TESU will let them not duplicate, great.

I got an e-mail back super quick from TESU saying that they will fulfill the Natural World requirements, ndelcollo had them both come in as CIS-102 and COS-101 so it shouldn't duplicate. I will double check before signing up still. I think I am going to sign up for SL courses and start knocking those out and get as many I can get done in the month membership. Then finish out my ACE stuff with Study.com. I will have to make sure they don't duplicate which I don't see how they will seeing how they all have different course codes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 228 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 706 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 452 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,468 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 417 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 560 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any cheap of free Physical Education classes out there? mdel210201 4 868 09-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,196 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  World's Best University Alpha 0 540 11-26-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Alpha